look what we found today!

Val (Zebedee)

While heading over to Manchester to help Michelle search for Taiya, within 2 mins drive of their house we saw a stray northern breed dog, it ran across the main road and was just missed by a car and a bus. Luckily it ran to our side of the road, we stopped, I jumped out and called her, she came running over tail wagging and rolled on to her back for a belly rub! I didn't have my scanner on me to check for a chip so we got her in the car with ours, found a collar and lead (from the transport runs we do) and drove to a nearby park 1) to look for Taiya and 2) to call at Manchester dogs home to see if anyone had called them or if they would scan her, which they did. Thankfully she was chipped and they called the owners who came and collected her. They lived a minute from where we found her running loose. Turns out she is a 5 month old Mal called Zarla, what a great girl she was (I wanted to kidnap her so I had my black dog for my pack! lol) Her owners didn't realise she had gone; they said they had her in their secure garden but someone tempted her out as they found a chew bone on the step that someone must have dropped - so they got a sermon on proper security!! But this story has a happy ending - it reminds us we need to have eyes in our backsides with our pets. Let's hope Taiya finds her way home soon too, x

post-143-13586086982202_thumb.png

post-143-13586086983034_thumb.png

What made me stand back was when we told her owners the reason we were in the area anyway (to look for another lost husky), their first comment was "Why didn't the dog wear a tag & collar?" - we just both looked down at Zarla & said "She isn't wearing one!" I'm definitely taking the chip scanner with me today though, no more surprises! lol