And so it starts....

Marc

......The new year and the new start.

As of tomorrow morning I will become extremely fit. Yeah yeah I can see you all laughing at this post now. People have seen me at camp and how I like a drink. People have seen me die at the first sign of exercise, squint at the first thought of walkin to far, laugh at people exercising for fun etc etc etc.

This is the second place I have now stated my goal, and I will state it in as many places as possible for nothing more than to prove people wrong. I will be extremely fit. I dont want to be a little fit and able to walk a few mile. I want to go on extremely long walks and laugh at people being knackered, and not only that I will do so.

Think I'm drunk? Watch this post.

Week 1 - Tues 1st January 2013

post-1-13586087049173_thumb.jpg

Weight:- 11st 2.5lb (for you US people thats around 158 lb) .

Feeling:- Currently feel ill (not related to fitness). Out of breath if I walk too far too fast. Light jogging I have no problem with (ironically).

Waist:- 32 inch

Good luck but don't overdo it! From the stats posted you're already a healthy weight and size. Yeah alright, I'll stop fussing like an old mother hen and leave you in peace now, lol.

Im JUST below overweight in BMI, and besides its about loosing the gut and feeling fit. Scales and stuff can throw as many numbers at me as they like, but unless ya feel fit they mean nothing.

Smoker? How tall are you? What's your plan?

Smoker

5 foot 7 inches

Get fit LOL

Seriously though, diet is changing drastically and starting to exercise a hell of a lot more for a start. Just bought a bike and will likely be using it for work which is 3 mile each way and pretty hilly rather than driving. Also going back to the gym, however leaving that for a couple of week until the new year muppets have got it out of there system.

My kids decided I needed to get fit. I had a bike, but didn't use it. What did they get me to get fit - a husky rehome shortly followed by a rescue husky. Good luck with the getting fit, I'm sure you will do it. Could we not sponsor you in some way and the proceeds go to bringing over someone to camp 2014?

My old dogs left me outta condition as they could not walk far at the end. Two years on the internet not that good either. Its now a month of two siberian huskys and todays second walk was what was my regular walk of 4 miles up the hill around the top of the dam and back . On areas to walk or train huskys there is top of the dam a 5 mile run to the top of the resovoir with one two cars travelling that a day when its busy. Or is it bad news to run huskys on tarmac?