Why is she so scared?

KBS

Apologies folks, I'm sure you will or have started getting bored of my constant questions/advice seeking.

I don't know why, as she is so young, that she seems to have an aversion or is wary of men and also when she is out in the courtyard and hears another dog barking, even in the distance, she yelps/whimpers and runs back in the house. I have taken her for walks (me carrying her) to start to get used to sights and sounds of every day life and she even seems scared while she is in my arms with regards to other dogs.

I don't understand it, the breeder had mum and dad in with the puppies but surely they wouldn't have scared her?

As she's a pup, most experiences are new experiences and as such a little bit scary. That's why it's important to keep showing her as many new things as you can bit by bit, not lots of things all at once though. Over time she should become familiar with certain sounds, sights and smells and become "desensitised". Does she see lots of men at home? Is it a specific type of man that scares her? Being afraid of a particular sex at this age doesn't always mean something bad has happened. Probably related to her all over wariness of the unfamiliar outside world.

Some dogs (any breed) are fearless, love all people and other dogs.

Others are timid and scared of the slightest thing.

It's personality, they are all different just like humans.

Darwin loves all humans.

Daughtry will shy away from strangers.

What everyone else said and I"m not certain i would carry her. I think that just encourages her fear, and if she isn't feeling safe anyway, that's not helping. Consider how much she will weigh in 6 months and if she will expect you to carry her. If she's too young for a walk, then just wait and work with her just being outside on lead in your garden, front and back.

HH beat me to the punch but it's at this really young age where you have to be cruel to be kind. When things scare her, just keep walking or behaving as if nothing happened. River is still kind of skittish around busses and trains so I take her to a park that has both near by and we just hang out and sit for a a while and every time one goes by I just keep sitting there. I don't say anything and I don't pet her. I give her praise only when she relaxes.