A husky and a rabbit in the same room?

Bambi92

To my suprise sasha hasn't eaten my bunny yet. They follow each other around the house and lay with each other. I didn't think sasha would be nice or even go near Dakota. Have you put your fur babies in the same room as a rabbit?

Heres a pic of them :)

post-9013-13586087100306_thumb.jpg

post-9013-13586087106528_thumb.jpg

Lol I tell sasha to leave her alone and she looks at me as if to say "but mum I wanna play" lol it's too cute I really thought sasha would of hurt her because she's a bit clumsy when excited but she's been good so far lol

Your girls are gorgeous I love Maya's eyes :) there soo pretty Lol I don't know how to put names in otherwise I would have lol

Edited by Bambi92

The rabbit is probably scared and stays quite still, most of the time.

If it was scampering around quite fast then Sasha might see it as something to chase.

Then natural instinct might kick in and. . . lunch.

IMHO it's only a matter of time.

Also when you're there she behaves herself.

Leave them alone for any length of time and. . . . :(

Dakota is calm around her she lays down when sasha goes to lick her once sasha moves her nose Dakota gets up looks at sasha and go about her business I left them to make some food for about 10mins and nothing happened I wouldn't leave them alone for any longer then that though and if I need to do anything Dakota goes in the bathroom or in her cage.

Very cute but like Andy said do be careful. We have 3 cats and our dogs are fine with them mostly but once a cat runs they do like to chase them (well, Ice likes to chase one of them, not so interested in the other 2) , and that's when prey instincts could kick in. I've got photo's on here somewhere of them curled up with the cats and yes they are good with them but I never forget what COULD happen and while I trust them quite well it'll never be 100%. I'm not trying to tell you that they must never be allowed to meet, where's the fun in that? Just be aware that things can suddenly change for no apparant reason in a matter of seconds, so supervision is a must. Lovely rabbit btw, and yes the picture is quite heartwarming! xx

As I said in my other post the first one I made that I forgot about lol they are never alone together they were in the next room for about 10mins with me in the next and nothing happened. If she gets to rough she won't be aloud near the rabbit I would like sasha to be able to be with the rabbit but I know that will never happen she is good with other small animals just takes her a week or so to get use to it she doesn't like anything or anyone near me or in what she thinks is her house until she gets use to them or it

i always think about what sasha could do to Dakota everyone must think I'm stupid for allowing them to be with each other but I want sasha to be around all my animals not just the dogs and cat so she knows what they are she hasn't had the best life and I just want to give her the best life I can. If sasha gets rough or anything towards the rabbit they won't be allowed together

Edited by Bambi92

As I said in my other post the first one I made that I forgot about lol they are never alone together they were in the next room for about 10mins with me in the next and nothing happened. If she gets to rough she won't be aloud near the rabbit I would like sasha to be able to be with the rabbit but I know that will never happen she is good with other small animals just takes her a week or so to get use to it she doesn't like anything or anyone near me or in what she thinks is her house until she gets use to them or it

i always think about what sasha could do to Dakota everyone must think I'm stupid for allowing them to be with each other but I want sasha to be around all my animals not just the dogs and cat so she knows what they are she hasn't had the best life and I just want to give her the best life I can. If sasha gets rough or anything towards the rabbit they won't be allowed together

It's not stupid to want your pets to meet each other and get along, it's perfectly understandable, well it is to me anyway! People are concerned for you because you said you left them for 10 minutes, being in a different room to them. We're just "looking out" for you and trying to help, sorry if what I said upset you, that wasn't my intention.

Please understand, it takes about 10 seconds for your bunny to lose her life, and if she ever gets out, another "animal" won't be nearly as understanding. Yours are currently under control. Please don't punish the dogs if they hurt her because it is their instinct no matter how well trained they appear. I know you want to be the exception, we are just asking you to listen to reason.

I do understand what your all saying and that's what the first thought I had was I know it's her instinct and now there only have about an hour some times a bit less of supervised time together a day then the rabbit goes in the bathroom for a bit and when sasha goes out the back the rabbit comes out again they take turns during the day to come inside and play then the rabbit goes to bed when we have dinner. Sasha isn't really bothered with the rabbit now she only pays attention to the rabbit if someone goes near her which is what she does with all animals big or small.

And thank you all for your advice and care I do appreciate it a lot.

Lol I tell sasha to leave her alone and she looks at me as if to say "but mum I wanna play" lol it's too cute I really thought sasha would of hurt her because she's a bit clumsy when excited but she's been good so far lol

Your girls are gorgeous I love Maya's eyes :) there soo pretty Lol I don't know how to put names in otherwise I would have lol

Thanks :D I just put the names in on picasa 3 which is a free photo editor.