Good deed for the day

Val (Zebedee)

Today I did something that I used to do years ago but since getting pierced & tattooed, it took a back seat - well, as I'm off work today & I heard a plea on the radio, how could I resist?

I gave blood. I thought I would have to have an appointment but after calling the Blood Line, they said it was also a drop in session, so I went along to a local venue being held today.

I am lucky (? :oops ?) enough to have the rarest blood group O Rhesus negative - which means anyone can have my blood from an unborn baby to an accident victim needing blood but their group is unknown - but I can only have my own type back.

So to say I feel a little pleased with myself for getting back donating makes me want to blow my own trumpet!! :P

revelationtime.jpg

Have you done a good deed today / this week?

Well done, rhesus negative eh? Get you mrs posh blood! Lol. I'm rhesus positive, mrs common blood, lmao. At this time of year, your blood group is like gold dust to Most hospitals, always in demand and always limited supply. I bet they were thanking their lucky stars when you came in today, so many types of people it could save. :)

Woo well done! I think if people are able to they should it's not painful, only a little scratch and you get a cookie after :D

I'm B but not sure if + or - :S

How long do you have to wait after having a tattoo before you can give blood again?

Woo well done! I think if people are able to they should it's not painful, only a little scratch and you get a cookie after :D

I'm B but not sure if + or - :S

How long do you have to wait after having a tattoo before you can give blood again?

minimum 4 months, same as a piercing but they take the extra finger prick test if it's within 12 months to make sure you've not "caught anything" :confused: