Hello. New to the forum, but an experienced husky owner.

TundraRunner

My name is Sean. I live in northern Idaho, USA.

Our family includes three of those beautiful, free-spirited creatures known as Siberian Huskies.

We have:

Niki

5 years old

Our energetic, rambunctious, and devious female.

Purchased as a pup November 2007, AKC registered.

Aleksei (we call him Lex, it's easier to shout out)

Approaching 4 years old

Our lazy (as Huskies go), care free and happy-go-lucky male.

Purchased as a pup April 2009, AKC registered.

Juneau

7 months old (the newest addition to our "family pack")

He's pretty much the male version of Niki, currently.

With a few little "extra" surprises thrown in.

Purchased as a pup August 2012, AKC registered.

Also Lex's nephew by his sister Mia. (She's not ours.)

Niki puts the T in trouble and the H in Houdini, you have to be very direct with her, persuasion does not work at all. She is high-maintenance, but responds reasonably well to being rewarded for good behavior, and having it withheld for bad behavior. She is very alpha-centric and will walk all over you if given the opportunity.

Lex is our good boy. He's hardly given us any trouble. He does occasionally get carried into mischief by our diva, Niki. She enjoys having company when she's in trouble. He is our tattle-tale and will generally let us know when the other two are up to no good.

Juneau is our pup and, what else can I say, he occasionally does foolish puppy stuff. And when him and Niki get together and compare notes there's no end to the excitement that can go on around here. But he generally responds to correction better than she does, especially if it means he's going to miss a treat or goody.

All of our dogs are black and white. Niki and Lex are bi-eyed. Juneau has two blue eyes.

Well, that's about it for an intro. Hoping to meet some new online friends on here, exchange some laughs, and hopefully learn some new insights from the mutual experiences we have as husky owners.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Sean welcom to Husky Owners :) I was really glad to read your post - everyone always looks at me strangely when I tell them Micah is a tattletale and that she will let us know when we need to ckeck up on Ozzy beacause he is doing something he shouldn't be doing :D