buying a puppy online

Huskymom2

I am new to this forum but i wanted to share something that happened to use recently. We recently decided to get a husky puppy as a playmate for our 3 year old husky. So i began search online for breeders. I found a picture of a male husky i really like so i contacted the "breeder". We began to email and txt about the puppy and started the process of getting the puppy shipped to us. Paper work was filled out and some money was sent. Excited we went puppy shopping and began to puppy proof the house for the arrival of our new addition. The day came and the waiting began. I received a txt saying the puppy was at the airport and the airport would email arrival times and such...so we waited impatiently. i received an email saying we needed to send a certain amount of money for pet insurance and a heated crate..I frantically called the number in the email and began asking questions..worrying that my puppy was sitting there scared in the airport. After some research and second guessing my boyfriend and i came to the conclusion it was all a scam. So of course i was crushed...not because of the money but because we were ready and waiting for the puppy. We began to search for local breeders and found one close by. I called and the puppies just became available that day. So we drove an hour to select our puppy/ Ozzy and brought him home to meet his sister. Could not be happier. Everything happens for a reason. So i write this post to warn others when looking for a breeder/puppy.

post-9134-13586087376248_thumb.jpg

Yeah, you gotta be careful especially of online scammers. By BYBs, that you see in person, are just as dangerous as they could sell you a puppy that is in poor health (or is genetically predisposed to a whole whack of things - not good!).

Glad you learned your lesson and you ended up getting your pup. :)

When I was searching for a puppy I came across a site..I can't remember where I found the puppy but I sent an email inquiring about it, and received many more emails wanting all of my information and that they will ship the puppy right away and I just needed to send money, and I realized it was a scam. Sorry that happened to you, I can imagine how disappointed you must have been thinking your puppy was scared waiting at the airport when it wasn't for real, but congrats on the one you did find!

I'm sorry you were caught out. There is a lot of this going on at the moment. The problem is that it's a scam that is so well known about that people are worried about buying from internet sites. It spoils it for legitimate breeders. I have often wondered if it is why we never managed to sell our pups. People are a lot more wary these days.

Gary.