Facebook Page

calvinandmommy

So I was just on the Husky Owners facebook page and dang it is lighting up with some....people...yeah I'll just say people. I stupidly let my self get sucked into the latest one.

But why are people like that. I mean why are you going to buy a dog with the purpose of just breeding it. I understand if you are a breeder but an everyday person who isn't?! WHY!?

And apparently if you try to ask these people why they want to breed that is us telling them how to take care of their dog. Uh no! That is us trying to understand why they are breeding. This latest person's reasoning is because the dogs bloodline is related to one of the dogs off of Eight Below. Really!? :@

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huskies have become to commercialized and people are getting them and breeding them for the wrong reasons. not understanding how much work and attention the breed needs. I hate when I speak with an uninformed owner.

I agree.

Now granted everybody has to start somewhere...I know I did. But it is when the new owners refuse to take advice from experienced owners. When we got Calvin first thing I did was join a forum (this one) to get as much advice as I could. Best thing I ever did honestly.

heyyy don't all be posting in there and not on here now or i will kick ass lol

Lol no never. My friends would unfriend me for posting all the time on the FB page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just spoke with a man today who is going to breed his horribly bred bitch because she doesn't have blue eyes, she has white eyes (they are actually light blue, the man is just a moron). He got the dog as a rescue and doesn't know if she is even purebred, but he knows someone with a male. As far as I can tell, the dog is already at least in week six of a pregnancy.

The guy decided to educate me on the usefulness of having registered dogs. According to him, he bred rotties for YEARS and never gave out papers to anyone, nor did he bother to send in his own paperwork on his own dogs. He has no idea where to have his bitch health checked, or even which tests should be done. As he says, papers and tests are for bad breeders that only do it for the money. I just about took advantage of the second amendment right then and there.

--sincerely,

a bad breeder that wants her fur babies to live forever with the best genetics and problem-free lives as is possible. And who also has a heart filled to the brim with love for her animals and a wallet with no change to spare.

I just spoke with a man today who is going to breed his horribly bred bitch because she doesn't have blue eyes, she has white eyes (they are actually light blue, the man is just a moron). He got the dog as a rescue and doesn't know if she is even purebred, but he knows someone with a male. As far as I can tell, the dog is already at least in week six of a pregnancy.

The guy decided to educate me on the usefulness of having registered dogs. According to him, he bred rotties for YEARS and never gave out papers to anyone, nor did he bother to send in his own paperwork on his own dogs. He has no idea where to have his bitch health checked, or even which tests should be done. As he says, papers and tests are for bad breeders that only do it for the money. I just about took advantage of the second amendment right then and there.

--sincerely,

a bad breeder that wants her fur babies to live forever with the best genetics and problem-free lives as is possible. And who also has a heart filled to the brim with love for her animals and a wallet with no change to spare.

OMG, I HATE being lectured by someone who is obviously clueless!!!!! Poor lady, poor pups. Ugh, really? Kudos to you for keeping your cool.

PS--you have bettas too? I have five, in addition to Sarah and my little parrot and my daughter's cat. My little zoo is quite small now.

I did my best to talk him out of it, but I expect that our store will be flooded with 5-6 week old siberian crosses very shortly. At least in a couple years we will have our kennel program up and will drive him out of the business he claims he isn't in through educating the community and having a higher set of breeding ethics than he.

Oh yes, we love bettas. They have really unique personalities. About 4 years ago we had a female and male (in a twenty-nine gallon tank and we tested their temperaments together before allowing them to freeswim) that refused to be apart. After about a year and a half together something happened in our tank and the female jumped out. I found her behind the tank the next morning. After that the male flat out refused to eat, no matter what I tried. He hid behind one of the decorations and passed on a couple weeks later.

This is our newest boy- male plakat post-8127-13586087815914_thumb.jpg

I'm quite happy with this forum so I shan't bother with FB to much. I was never keen on FB and only have an account because my cousins wanted to keep in touch. Don't think they've heard of telephones;)

Gary.

Mobiles are simply used to access Facebook these days :rolleyes: