Our latest/last rescue

ICE & SHADOW

Meet Kaya!

She is our latest and last rescue, unless we can locate her rightful owner. I took her to the vet and she has not been chipped or spayed and is about a year old. Found as a stray and has been wandering for the last 2 weeks according to the service station clerk that has been feeding her. We are giving it another week before making it official. Until then, she will be part of our family!

post-6277-1358608760688_thumb.jpg

Ice and Kaya

post-6277-13586087609627_thumb.jpg

I would say she has made herself at home

post-6277-13586087612816_thumb.jpg

Ethan and Kaya (He approves lol)

post-6277-13586087615492_thumb.jpg

Edited by ICE & SHADOW

She is gorgeous :) Can not understand why huskies are not micro chipped, or at the very least have identity tags on. Well done on taking her in, she looks as if she is fitting in very well ;)

I don't have any of my dogs micro-chipped. I wasn't sure how many people actually took lost pets to the vet to be scanned. I do however have Boomerang id tags and TAGG gps tracker. Maybe I ought to re-think the micro chip with Aurora.

Edited by Candie

I don't have any of my dogs micro-chipped. I wasn't sure how many people actually took lost pets to the vet to be scanned. I do however have Boomerang id tags and TAGG gps tracker. Maybe I ought to re-think the micro chip with Aurora.

If they wear their tags 24/7 it is great, but if they get lost or run, without being mico chipped they are just another husky in rescue with no way of getting back home. What is a TAGG gps tracker - sounds interesting :)

If they wear their tags 24/7 it is great, but if they get lost or run, without being mico chipped they are just another husky in rescue with no way of getting back home. What is a TAGG gps tracker - sounds interesting :)

It is a GPS tracker that clips on their collar and anytime they get out of their assigned home zone it will seen a notification to my cell phone with a location every 3 minutes. I have had them for a year now and they have worked perfectly. Best investment I ever made.

Shelters are suppose to scan all intakes for microchips and the vet is the closest thing near me that had a scanner. I have chips in my two boys, and soon to her. The ID tags are good as long as the collar stays on the dog, but my luck they would loose/slip out of their collar or someone would take them off. Hoping they never escape, but if they do, I will have peice of mind that they can be scanned if brought in or if I see someone with my dog.

It is a GPS tracker that clips on their collar and anytime they get out of their assigned home zone it will seen a notification to my cell phone with a location every 3 minutes. I have had them for a year now and they have worked perfectly. Best investment I ever made.

What if you track it to a collar and no dog? That would be my worry.

And thanks to everyone for the replies. She has only been with us two days. She and Ice hit it off right away. Shadow is the older one in the group, and is taking his time getting use to her, but he is coming around.

Edited by ICE & SHADOW

So you like it? I've been debating on purchasing one for Luka ...

I love it. I have had them on my Mini-Schnauzer for a year. Never had a problem with them coming off even when Aurora drags them around by their collars. They have gotten out a few times over the last year ( I have a teenager and friends who forget to closes the gate even tho there is a HUGE sign to remind them to do so) and I had them tracked and home in less than 20 minutes. It also tracks their daily activity. I have been very pleased with the product and their customer service is outstanding.