Blaze has a cold??

hes been reverse sneezing the past couple of nights but on his walk the other day he seemed to be sniffling :/ cant really explain it

can dogs get colds?

I actually had the same question a few weeks ago when both my dogs were sneezing alot and had runny noses. I did some research and they can get colds, and there is not much you can do, it will go away on it's own, but if it persists for more than 2 weeks then you should see a vet to make sure it does not get into their respiratory system..

Some things you can do are the same as for humans, such as using a vaporizer, or running a hot shower in the bathroom and keeping them in the room for about 10 minutes.

Yes,they can get colds just like we do,from a virus.Also similar symptoms,like a runny nose.2 of ours dogs had colds last year,they took a couple of weeks to go completely. In themselves they were fine.Not much you can do,they just have to fight it themselves..Hope he gets well soon:)

Sure they can. Don't give him too cold water either, if possible, and he shouldn't sleep on cold floor but rather on blanket or a carpet.

If he's just sneezing, it's not that severe. When Ghost sneezed, you could see a noodle running down his nose. And he would cough up mucus (sounds as if he was throwing up).

Since the weather is changing so much lately, cold has been on increase lately.

Thanks guys this is mainly for my mums benefit she's crazy worried about him but I'll tell her it's normal , will keep an eye on him n if he's no better soon I'll take him vets to reassure her but he seems fine in himself n hasn't lost his appetite so I think he'll be fine :-) luckily the other two are ok or I think they'd just pass it back n forth constantly lol

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

It seems Kira got the cold too :( , she has all the same simptoms.

And at the worst moment for her, cos we just got over 50 cm (about 20 inches) of snow, and she loves it out there, but the cough is bothering her. Her behaviour is all normal, exept for the cough.

I've read that giving them propolis (spraying it in the mouth) helps, so I did that yesterday, it seems that it helps as she was better last night.

How is Blaze doing, did he get better?

It seems Kira got the cold too :( , she has all the same simptoms.

And at the worst moment for her, cos we just got over 50 cm (about 20 inches) of snow, and she loves it out there, but the cough is bothering her. Her behaviour is all normal, exept for the cough.

I've read that giving them propolis (spraying it in the mouth) helps, so I did that yesterday, it seems that it helps as she was better last night.

How is Blaze doing, did he get better?

His cold is gone but he ended up with a really bad ear infection , luckily that's clearing up nicely too

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner