First time in front of the sled -- Ryn's POV

Austinville

Arrooooo, roooo, roo friends!

I'm finally a true husky. No really! I am! It's one thing to loose your baby teeth, or to blow your coat for the first time, but I, the pRYNcess Ryn, pulled a sled for the very first time yesterday. I pulled side-by-side with my canine mom, Aurora (don't tell her, but I let her do most of the work!) and on the sled was my human mom, Becky.

It was great fun, but alas there are no photos. Mom said something about a learning curve and being too busy learning to shoot. Hey! Not an excuse if you ask me! I was learning and still had to pull her behind down the trail!!!!

Anyroo, just for the fun of it, Aurora and I sped toward the cornfield (you know, just to give my human mom a bit to think about! LOL) and she stepped on the brake. She tumbled head over heels through the snow. I thought she might be angry, but she just laughed and Aurora and I laughed at her. There's nothing quite so funny as seeing your human tumble through the white stuff!

And then we were off again. I knew when we were doing well, cause Mom would hollar "Good girls!" Sometimes I'd look back (in hopes of seeing her tumble again!) She's telling everyone my face was lit up with a huge husky grin.

I'm a little sore today, but I got two massages last night..........you know, this sledding stuff isn't all bad!

All my love,

Omryn Borealis (AKA Rynnie the pRYNcess)

Hellroo, Ryn! It's Suka here!

That sounds wicked! I would have loved to have pulled a sled, but my Mom said I can't because I have bad hips. What does that mean? Sure, my hips hurt once in a while but I've gotten used to the pain so much I pull her and her Mommy on our walks! It's so fun, pulling them around, I feel like I'm a true husky!

Even though I hate the snow because - FOOD'S FINALLY DOWN! GOTTA GO!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dearest husky friends from across the globe, it is I, the pRYNcess Omryn, here to show you what my awful human mother has done in regards to this sledding thing-a-ma-bobby stuffs.

Let me remind you that I totally understand the concepts of gee and haw, whoa, and all that other rig-a-ma-rolly stuffs.

So, in her infinite wisdom (cough, cough, cough) Mum purchased some mittens. "Oh, aren't they cute?!" she says. "Oh, they're so fun!" she says. Sure they are! Until you put them on me!

post-53-13586090362223_thumb.jpg

Now, gets them offs before I chew them to pieces!

Someone pleeeeze help me!

Husky hugs 'n kisses,

Omryn

I want your gloves!!! Those are AWESOME and in our team colors :D

Dear HuskyMom09,

My silly mom found them through the North Wapiti Kennels website (Karen Ramstead's kennels). In addition to the lovely GEE and HAW embroidered on them, they say 'North Wapiti Kennels' on one and "Pretty Sled Dogs" on the other.

She has wanted them for some time and finally ordered them. While I understand her excitement, I'm still concerned about her putting them on me. Any ideas from your pack?

A bit baffled 'bout the situation,

pRYNcess Omryn

• 3 weeks later...

Dear furry extended familiezzzz,

I want to let you know how this training stuffs is proceeding........Sunday on our way to pick up the sled, mum decided we shouldn't let this little short-legged doggie keep running down the center of the highwayz. So we stops and picks it up (smelly wittle thing and it's legs just made me laughs and smilez!)

Well, long story short, mum saiz she was a corgi - haz you ever seen such a doggy? She was funneeez! We took her to the vets office (hahahahahaha - I thought that was hilarious! She had ta go to the vet for no reason! hahahahahaha) The next day, her human had called and claimed her. Thank goodness, I doesn't wantz no short-legged siblingz!

So back to my stories...........So FINALLY mum comes home with the sled and puts me in my harness. Now, I love to pull - nothin' is more fun (unless it's running in a fenced in yard, playing with my husky family) but anyyyyyyyyywho, I gets into the harness, without complaining. Oh I did my little dance and put my ears back, but that's more for show than actually bein' dismayed about pulling! LOL

And off we goez!

Well, off I goez, anyway!

I'll pull the sled for as long as mum wants. But I don't have any planz to carry her about on it! Shez gonna have to get some workin' husky to do that.......

Apparently she forgotz I'm a pRYNcess!

Better luck next time MUM!

With husky wooos and arrroooos,

pRYNcess Omryn