Hello :)! (is anyone else from Sydney, Australia?)

Alodia

Hi everybody, my name is Linda (17) and I'm from Sydney, Australia. A few days ago (2 days ago) I just got my first, gorgeous blue-eyed Siberian Husky named Alodia - "Odie" for short (like from Garfield!).

As previously mentioned I'm a new husky owner and I have a LOT of things to learn, which is why I thought that it is best that I should find a source where other husky owners can help me - which brought me here. I'm sort of a worry wort and paranoid since I've been reading all kinds of things about huskies on the internet to learn as much about them as possible, so I apologise if I ask some extremely stupid questions (sorry) :( There's no manual to follow and I want to do things that are best for my husky and myself, and I hope to learn much from you guys. Also I am wondering if anyone else is from Australia? It would certainly help me if someone is also from Sydney and can guide me to what things I need, for example the good kibble to feed that can be store bought. I know many people order in bulk online but I was wondering if there was an alternate brand that is easily store bought (like from a local pet store or supermarket) in case of emergencies when we run out. I look forward to getting to know you all!

With love,

Linda and Alodia

post-9156-13586088190478_thumb.jpg

post-9156-13586088191209_thumb.jpg

Hiya Linda & Alodia, welcome to Husky Owners :wave:

Glad you joined up to ask your "extremely stupid questions" - that's how we all learned! The most stupid ones are the ones you don't ask and you will never be ridiculed here for asking questions, but you will find lots of different answers from our own experiences, you just need to find which works best for you & Alodia

Taste of the Wild is a good brand to feed. We can't buy it in QLD so I buy it online from Natural Pet Store which is in Sydney. There is also a Siberian Husky Club of NSW and a Facebook group/page called Sydney Malamute & Husky Owners :)

Edited by Tanya-Meika&Keeva

I thought so too, I was overseas whilst browsing for a husky puppy ad on pups4sale and found her (and her litter mates). There's nothing really wrong with her, her breeder, or her situation, actually if anything she was in pretty good hands. The lady that I got her from is a very loving owner, she followed the standard procedure of getting the pups vaccinated, wormed, vet checked and gave me puppy starter kit as well as flea medication for me to give her at 8 weeks.

Yes, she's really young when I got her, but with all the papers and documentation from the vet giving her the good-to-go, I took her home (I still keep in contact with my breeder through mobile and facebook because she is fond of all her dogs) to save myself a second trip driving up there (it wasn't too much of a lengthy drive, but it was convenient and she did get the vet approval to leave). My friends who have dogs said it was normal for puppies to leave at 6 weeks (6-10 weeks, they said, with 6 being the youngest age).

So yes I was skeptical at first about the whole 6-week-too-young thing, but other than crying at night she seems to be enjoying herself tearing my pants (still trying to teach the little munchkin not to).

Hi and welcome alodia is gorgeous :) and I'm from syd as well. My dogs get supercoat biskets they all love them (only biskets my girl will eat) haha and don't worry about asking questions the people on here are great and will help you in anyway they can :)