Husky Dead

Verrillion

Was in Dumfries yesterday and saw newspaper report of death of husky at Locherbie. Ill report what I saw in the Cumbrian News and not give obvious opinion as it may be unknown to me the owner may be a member of the association.

There had been a lot of comments made by people that the dogs were always escaping and that they were not walked enough . The names of several of these people making these comments were quoted. (But not on what format these comments had been expressed)

Also it was vague as to where the owner was speaking from I got impression it was at court hearing in responce . ( Its a country paper with not top notch reporters.

The male husky had jumped the 5ft fence from the garden . A neighbourhood boy had caught him and returned him to the garden . At which point the female husky had escaped between the when he put the male back in. The male husky rejumped the fence. The male was caught by the police the female was killed on the railway lines by a train.