Hospital

Stormy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i live 2 and a half hours away so have just been kept updated she has her mobile on her so text her :) The strokes aren't your usual major bleed in the head stroke they are smaller strokes basically she has been having bleeds on the outside of her brain for around 10 years on one side... that night she got rushed in was a slightly bigger one but still on the outside. They have told her she wont get the movement back in her right arm it is mainly her fingers and she finds it difficult to hold anything but she can use her left arm fine but i remember a while ago this happened to her right arm before so you never know just because they say you wont doesn't mean that 100 percent!

They have changed her epilepsy medicine as the one she was on has alot of bad side effects and is actually quite an old drug and they were surprised she was still on the same one! So have changed her to hopefully stop the fits also :)

So it is all on the up and hopefully she will come out and be able to start having a proper life again as she has been having these what we thought were epileptic fits (which some were) for over 10 years!

• 3 weeks later...

Update all :) She is home now, she had an operation on her neck to get rid of the blood clot to which she has a 5 inch mark where it is which i imagine will be a scar but sure it will be fine :) She looks rough but obviously she will but now is the road to recovery and on the up :D

• 2 months later...

Update for you all :)

It turned out she did actually have a major stroke and was extremely lucky! She also has had alot of smaller strokes and is still having fits but it is all being sorted :)

She has had to re learn how to read and write/type but this has come along really well quickly! Stil has lost feeling in her right arm but learning to do alot more with her left arm :) her speech is getting better daily as it was very slurry and is still slightly but no where near as bad!

Anyway all is on the up :) just thought I'd update :)