Hospital

Stormy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Update i have been thinking for a while whether to update on this as i have really mixed feelings on it well more of a dont really know what to do.

She is on the mend etc as i said, but they have since found a heart condition but it is not life threatening. However because of everything and how she has been for so many years she has become pretty much stuck at home as her confidence in going out has completely gone. She feels she brings others down because she is not as fast although obviously this is not the case!

Its hard to watch as i am so far away and i see my step dad and my sister going on all these day trips they even went off to spain for a week where as my mum is left behind which i know is her own choice but i still feel bad about it.

So yeah on the mend but her life has completely been destroyed by it all :(

Big hugs Storm, it can't Easy for you being so far away but it is still fairly early days for your mum. It must of been a big shock for her and the road to recovery must be tough. In time, she'll hopefully adjust to the changes and regain her self confidence bit by bit.

Paul's great uncle (Paul's my oh just realised I usually call him hubby) had a stroke a few years back..... Think it must of been about six years ago at least, wow that's gone quick. Anyway, he kept falling over, acting really clumsy and one side of his body just seemed to stop working properly, even his facial muscles. He hasn't completely recovered now as he sounds a bit drunk when he talks still but it's way better than it was And physically he's still way fitter than I, although his manual dexterity isn't as good as it used to be which drives him mad and turns the air blue at times. But overall (in my eyes) for a man in his seventies he could run rings around his younger counterparts. It just takes a bit of time to get used to the changes caused by the stroke. Once your mum feels comfortable with herself hopefully she'll start to do more of the things she used to. Xx