So excited...look what I just bought!!!

Removed #2

We aren't in physical possession yet...about a 3 hour drive one way, but planning to pick them up over the next couple of weeks. Gosh, if I could get a different house...a little more outside space that's mine...or closer to some space, I might even have to add to the pack. That's for next year to figure out. In the meantime...once my foot is healed (by end of February hopefully I will be free)....can't wait to try these out.post-2509-13586088671346_thumb.jpg Still have to sort out xback harnesses and ganglines, etc., but that should be the easy part right? Then another layer of snow for the sled, and my foot ready....and I'm so excited for getting on the scooter!!! Advice welcome!

post-2509-13586088671073_thumb.jpg

Actually, its thrilling being on the scooter, seeing as I'm unlikely to ever use a proper sledge you'll have to let me know what that's like when you try it.

My lot are getting quite good with it now, they wait after they've been attached for the signal to go, they steady down hills aided in what they're being told by a slight application of the brake. They recognise a good straight where they can get speed up. Use your foot as a stabiliser for going round tight corners and slow into dips, leaving it till just before you reach bottom to start speeding out so they have a run up for a hill. I find its easier to jump off an run beside the scooter on steeper inclines than use one leg to scoot with. Then as you gather speed jump back on. You'll have a ball :)

Thanks to all. We have run the boys on our bikes and they are very good with commands, especially hike and wo! I do believe Jack is going to really be in his element, because he just wants to run...and my little freight train Jessy, well, we'll just have to see. Thanks for all the comments. Both have only been used a couple seasons and while I was only really looking for a used scooter, we ended up scooping both up for less than full price of a new scooter! Seems also like an experienced musher/runner husky person that is selling and downsizing inventory and her kennels. I'm just thrilled and the timing couldn't be better. Surprised nobody mentioned "wear a helmet" as I do plan that we both will!!! [MENTION=1262]Rosemary[/MENTION] ...you make me chuckle!!!:) Promise lots of video, and I figure that just getting on harnesses and hooked up could probably win a funniest home video award. Jessy has no idea what to expect, but the boys used to just howl in excitement when we took out the bikes!!!