Fostering

Biggles

It's a Sunshine and Lollipop as well as a Steam Room post!!! I was so disgusted with the number of huskies being given up for a variety of different reasons I decided to do something about it and become a Furkid Foster Mum for SHWA. I am currently the Foster Mum of a delightful 6 month old called Meeka who is currently curled up on the bottom of my bed having a few zzz's before she decides to beat up my two again! Before anyone asks I will post pictures of her when I get a minute, but between work commitments (it's exam time) and walking the dogs I don't have a spare minute. She is getting on amazingly well with both Bo (a rehome) and Ollie (ex-SHWA) and they are incredibly tolerant of her hanging off them. Going to Bedfont tomorrow so she can meet the rest of the gang (@Molly's_Mum and [MENTION=5918]Molly's_Dad[/MENTION]'s pack) which I am really looking forward to this.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear Meeka's settling into her new foster family, I really admire you for fostering as it's something I'd like to do myself once the children (Hunan ones) are adults. Looking forwards to seeing the pics, but I understand life's a bit hectic for you at the moment, everything happening at once!

Thanks for that Graham. Meeka had a great time playing with your pack off lead. She also experienced a first and has just scoffed down 6 chicken wings and half a chicken carcass. Turns out she is not 6 but 5 months old. She is going to make someone a really lovely furever kid.

• 1 month later...

Well it looks like Meika has found her furever home.   :)  Her new owner is coming all the way down from Scotland with Meika's new big brother, a very good looking young man named Titan.  @Molly's_Mum and @Molly's_Dad: As far as the kebab bet is concerned, I don't know who owes whom, but one of you is going to have to pay up in the next few days. :D

post-5430-0-06186400-1361041070.jpg

Meika is now on her way to way to Scotland with her new Mum and big brother, Titan. New foster pup is now with me. She's about 12 weeks old. Will post pictures of her when I get a chance. She's an absolute sweetheart with loads of character and lots to learn. She is currently having great fun husky boxing with Ollie who is easily twice her size.