Fostering

Biggles

Meika is now on her way to way to Scotland with her new Mum and big brother, Titan. She has definitely fallen on her feet there. New foster pup is now with me. She's about 12 weeks old and came into foster yesterday evening. Will post pictures of her when I get a chance. She's an absolute sweetheart with loads of character and lots to learn. She is currently having great fun husky boxing with Ollie who is easily twice her size.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoebe is now on her way to her fur-ever home and I have my next foster fur-kid. He loves to play, except I don't appreciate it at 1.00 am, neither does Bo, but Ollie doesn't mind. It is such a shame that there are so many huskies, of all ages, being given up by their owners for a variety of reasons. Please if you are considering getting a husky, first, second or third please please consider getting a rescue. Dogs are assessed in a home environment and are only put up to be adopted when the rescue think they are ready to move on to their fur-ever home. If you can think about becoming a fur-kid foster parent. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, they have lovely characters and will make some lucky people amazing pets.  Ash is really good to walk on the lead, probably because his previous owner really cared for him whereas Phoebe still has a lot to learn, but then she is only a little pup.  Only trouble with fostering is you want to keep each one that comes through the door but we have a mantra in this household that we cannot keep them as by doing this we will be keeping another foster dog waiting to come in to be rehomed in their furever home.  It's my family's way of giving back to such an amazing breed.  We're just a normal family who can find room for one or two needies.  Ollie in my picture left was a SHWA rescue who we adopted when he came in to @Raindog and Terry and needed a lot of tlc and Ollie has repaid our work with him 1000%.

Edited by Biggles