Best toys, treats, etc for new puppy.

HeatherG

When I brought Cally home I got her Charlee Bear treats for training (approx. 3 calories each) and a small kong to fill with peanut butter and other goodies. Also any kind of squeaky toys Cally absolutely loved. I bought a normal nylon leash and collar and got her a tag right away with her name on it and our address on the back! Uhmmmm... there's so many posibilities! It all depends on the dog :P! Congrats on the pup though!

Crate, kong, peanut butter, stuffless squeaker animals, and those 'puppy chewing keys' at the pet stores. Basically I went to a few differnet pet stores.. and bought a whole bunch of toys I thought would work :P You'd be amazed at how many different things each store has. I hit up Petsmart, Pet Supplies Plus, and Petco. Oh, a good site might be 'doggyloot' and 'chewy' for some good deals on clearance toys. As for collars and leashes I love MesAmis as they don't damage the fur, although they take forever to ship and you might want to wait to order something like that until when shes full grown and buy the clearance collars for now :P

What size Kong did you get. Saw they have some for puppies in S M L and then regular ones in S M L

You'll want the 'puppy' one. I believe in the store it should say from 0-20lbs, 20-40lbs, etc. Your pup will probably be about 10lbs when you pick it up

When I brought Cally home I got her Charlee Bear treats for training (approx. 3 calories each) and a small kong to fill with peanut butter and other goodies. Also any kind of squeaky toys Cally absolutely loved. I bought a normal nylon leash and collar and got her a tag right away with her name on it and our address on the back! Uhmmmm... there's so many posibilities! It all depends on the dog :P! Congrats on the pup though!

Where did you find the Charlee Bear treats? From a store or online? [MENTION=8507]Robinhuskylover2231[/MENTION]

Also for the Kong did you all use regular peanut butter from the store or the Kong peanut butter filler?

By the way Yuki used her own food as treats, she loved it that much. Have you looked into food yet? And I use regular smooth store bought peanut butter, I don't like the kong peanut butter much.

I use regular peanut butter but bought the puppy large and Luka still likes it so I've gotten my value out of it.

I used small training treats by zukes and Luka loves them. They're decently cheap and you get a large amount. They're a good size for a puppy and work great for training purposes too