One husky household?

Alodia

Hi I only have one husky and no other pets. She is six months old now. She is left for no more than 3hrs but is regularly left when I do school runs etc. I make sure she has enough exercise to get rid off all that energy. 2 walks a day. We are trying to crate train but she is happier out and she isn't too destructive , yet. When we are our we give her a treat and fav toys then when we come in we give her praise and put those toys up. As for needing to be in a pack. We r her pack and she has found her place, she try's to push her luck and go up the ranks but she is put back in place. We make sure she has lots of contact with other dog. She is a happy pup.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, Congratulations on your puppy.

Secondly, I didnt start leaving my oldest, Mason until he was about six months. We had two other dogs, A cocker spaniel and a german shepard. So when I did have to leave him , He was with other dogs. I didnt crate train Mas. That probably wasnt the smartest ideas ive had. He was a very active pup. He was used to mommy playing all day. It was an adjustment. He liked to chew my floors and wood walls. But we worked on it, and He eventually grew out of it. 

Like others before me have said, I stated off very slow. Leaving to get the mail, and from there going to the grocery store.

As for only owning one husky, I just got my second 4 days ago. That there is another huge adjustment  Mason is having trouble accepting his new sister. So i cant leave my puppy alone for one second. So i have chosen to crate train for Cheyanne. 

I am planning a vacation in April. She will just be approaching the five month mark. So prior to that, I will have to start leaving her more often. So she can be ready for mom and dads departure. 

I tell many new husky owners, Owning and raising a husky is much like having  a baby. My daughter who is 4, Was easier at times! 

It gets better, Enjoy the small little fluff balls. They grow so fast! 

Good luck and well wishes!