ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

Im not sure if this belongs here or not lol.

I just had my first scooter accident :(

We thought it would be good to take angel for a run. Alex had storm walking as he doesnt like running much.

The handlebars came loose, I went over im not sure what happened it happened so fast.

:(

landed on my kneecap, only one. No other damage. Its bashed up, sore, bruised, swollen, blooming painful.

I started screaming, alex and storm started coming back to us but my screaming must have freaked angel out as she backed out her harness and got loose!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::@

Adrenaline kicked in and I stopped worrying about my leg and panicked as we were on a country road cars use. I kept thinking what if a car comes speeding down doing 60, it wont see angel :(:eek::@

putting on my best nice voice i commanded angel to come to mummy, and to sit. She kept running between alex and me.

And then she came to me and I got her collar.

MUMMYS GOOD GIRL! (considering mine have no recall.)

We then sat at the roadside for alex to go get the car and come get us.

Im in so much pain, my kneecap is red and black and sore.

I can hardly walk.

:cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1:

I never mentioned that while in Poland going through the National Park with Storm pulling my bike, I had a wee accident, as I was embarassed at the time. I was on a dirt track, negotiated a large puddle, only to firmly plant the front wheel of my bike in a rut. Of course, I had momentum at the time, and Storm's line was attached to the handle bars. Now Storm had a good head of steam at the time, so picturing the physics of the situation, the front wheel became the pivot point, force applied to top of handle bars, and effectively the seat of the bike became a catapult. Now normally you hit the ground before you know what happened, but not in this case. I remember being airbourne for a second or so before landing behind Storm but well in front of my bike, taking the full force of the fall on my nose, chin and cheek. I was welled winded, but grateful that the ice of previous days had cleared, as I just ended up with a mouth full of soil and a split inside lip from my teeth.

There were a couple of joggers in the distance, but I don't think they saw what happened, so I quickly caught my breath, got back on the bike and cycled off. Happy days!!!

Ouch know how your knee feels though as smacked both of mine many times on pure ice snowboarding the other day they both swelled up and bruised now investing in knee pads for whilst i am learning and hope sno zone sort their snow out a bit better!