First Aid

Stormy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job

Although if you have to refresh each year

Don't be too surprised if the ratio of breaths to compressions changes every year. :P

Good job

Although if you have to refresh each year

Don't be too surprised if the ratio of breaths to compressions changes every year. :P

I noticed that too. Something to do with survival rates increasing with more breaths less compressions, blah blah blah. Also stopped people checking circulation on initial assessments as it was deemed too advanced for most basic first aiders.

Well done Stormy, now go save somebody! Lol.

Well done you! So you had the pleasure of practicing on Resussie Annie too eh?? Not the nicest of things but does the job! lol Congratulations, Storm!! :wave1::wave1:

Andy, you're right, it does change! St John certs last 3 yrs & every refresh it's different! I did my latest one just as those Vinnie Jones ads were coming out & we had to do compressions twice as fast! As long as the casualty lives, sing whatever up tempo song comes to mind :P

Well done you! So you had the pleasure of practicing on Resussie Annie too eh?? Not the nicest of things but does the job! lol Congratulations, Storm!! :wave1::wave1:

Andy, you're right, it does change! St John certs last 3 yrs & every refresh it's different! I did my latest one just as those Vinnie Jones ads were coming out & we had to do compressions twice as fast! As long as the casualty lives, sing whatever up tempo song comes to mind :P

Lol yeah we've always used

"Nellie the elephant" gives a good speed

Ok if I manage to find this thread again (i very rarely if ever find a thread ive started or said anything in again. ) illl put answers up.

But note this is a very real question with a very real reason for its answer,not a trick question for sake of trick answer.

Put in correct order the first casualtys you deal with in this accident you come across.

A broken leg .

A non breather.

A person with severed leg.

A major bleeder of artery.

A decapitation.

A heart stopped non breather.

A greenstick fracture

A lacerated patient.

A cut hand.

I was trained in emergency first aid in Royal Navy.

Edited by Verrillion

Thanks everyone! Yes it has changed apparently! First time i've done it though so ill see if it changes again as you only have to refresh it every 3 years. It is 30 compressions to 2 breaths currently! And two compressions per second lol

And yes @Val (Zebedee) I did have the pleasure of ressussie Annie lol!

I am only meant to help people in the workplace but obviously if anything happened out of work and i was there i could choose to help if i wanted to... they did a study at some point and apparently only one out of ten people will help someone and in their study people were even walking over the person collapsed on the floor :o and we are the worst country for first aid... you can save a life by just giving CPR before the ambulance arrives if you choose not to they probably will die.

• 2 weeks later...

We do lol, oh is a first aid trainer. We've umpteen pairs of handcuffs as well lol.. And before anyone jumps to conclusions! Lol :) he teaches control an restraint as well :P

Wow !!!! Handcuffs ????

You must have some really fiesty patients :P