Uk Owners, Has Your Husky Been Acting Strange?

Val (Zebedee)

I don't mean in general! I mean since we've had this snowy, cold snap? 2 of my 3 are acting "different" and the only thing in common is the weather.

Those of you "further afield", do your huskies act differently with weather changes?

Diesel is, as you all know, as chilled & laid back as anything, you hardly know you've got him, but this past 3 days, since the snow started, he's shouting at us to go out (he rarely makes a peep, even when he wants to toilet, he strolls to the conservatory door & stands there, he'll only bark if you've not noticed him after a few minutes). Mostly he has a wee, sometimes he just wants to go out for 10 mins then comes back in, but it's out of character for him. He's not toileting massively more, but I am keeping my eye on him. He's even getting me up at 4.30 am to go out then goes back to bed after a wee - wonder if he has a chill causing a weak bladder?

Then there's Myshka - she's gone off her food, she has only eaten 3 out of the 6 meals over the last 3 days & has never been one for cuddles, but she'll curl up next to us on the sofa for ages - again, only since the snow has come.

And Kaviq is just Kaviq - never changes! :lolman:

Anyone else's huskies displaying different characteristics to normal?

Our boys have been behaving differently but I've put it down to the contributing factors of moving house, the clashes and differing opinions of me vs Jamie's dad again, the busy and crazy Christmas and new year, etc etc They have been wanting to be outside a lot more and been pulling like crazy on walks! Bandits not really changed though, he just crazy anyway lol

I don't mean in general! I mean since we've had this snowy, cold snap? 2 of my 3 are acting "different" and the only thing in common is the weather.

Those of you "further afield", do your huskies act differently with weather changes?

Diesel is, as you all know, as chilled & laid back as anything, you hardly know you've got him, but this past 3 days, since the snow started, he's shouting at us to go out (he rarely makes a peep, even when he wants to toilet, he strolls to the conservatory door & stands there, he'll only bark if you've not noticed him after a few minutes). Mostly he has a wee, sometimes he just wants to go out for 10 mins then comes back in, but it's out of character for him. He's not toileting massively more, but I am keeping my eye on him. He's even getting me up at 4.30 am to go out then goes back to bed after a wee - wonder if he has a chill causing a weak bladder?

Then there's Myshka - she's gone off her food, she has only eaten 3 out of the 6 meals over the last 3 days & has never been one for cuddles, but she'll curl up next to us on the sofa for ages - again, only since the snow has come.

And Kaviq is just Kaviq - never changes! :lolman:

Anyone else's huskies displaying different characteristics to normal?

Hi Val,

A big YES to everything you have said here.

He is playing with Holly - previously he was quite wary of her as top dog in the house. Their relationship is transformed hugely for the better. We've had him for 5 months now, and only this week has he started barking.

He normally has a huge appetite - last night was the first time he ever thought twice about eating, and this morning he left most of his food (which I removed after 5 minutes to avoid our other eating it).

Poos have gone loose, but I think this may be down to him eating snow quite a bit.

I think all this is down to the snow.