Sky And The Rat

Ron Tao&Sky

Over the last few days every time my son went into the back garden for a smoke he kept saying that a rat was stalking him and no one believed him. Well last night we heard him shout that it was looking at him again. So I put the out side light on and opened the door with Sky at my side. I was just in time To see a huge dark shape jump at him from off the fence. Sky ran and jumped catching the rat in mid air killing it with one bite.

It was the biggest buck rat I have ever seen. Sorry no Pics and I just hope that it hasn't got any relatives living near by............Ron

Edited by Ron Tao&Sky

awesome.  we've had rats around our house but Niber just isn't quick enough to catch them as they lurk near the edges and dissappear too quick.  And he is far from stealthy when he stalks them.  I've tried all sorts to get rid of them without poison because of the risk to Niber but they keep coming in.  I've thought about buying some live rats, which are sold for snake food, and releasing them in an open space so there's nowhere to hide and let him hunt them.  He is one today, so maybe he'll get better with time - I did read before i got him that they are rodent catchers - but he's yet to prove it.

got one but they too quick outside and don't wanna be shooting indoors

If you spread some peanut butter on a piece of plywood and put it where the rats are for a few days. Once they get used to it being there it is very easy to shoot them. Best time is Dusk..........Ron

If you spread some peanut butter on a piece of plywood and put it where the rats are for a few days. Once they get used to it being there it is very easy to shoot them. Best time is Dusk..........Ron

will give it a go.  did you get it off sky once caught?  worry about niber eating a diseased / poisoned one without me seeing - he always gives on command if i did see him though

will give it a go.  did you get it off sky once caught?  worry about niber eating a diseased / poisoned one without me seeing - he always gives on command if i did see him though

She just left it alone so I picked it up with a shovel put it in a black bin bag and disposed of it in the wheelie bin. Never touch them with bare skin or come in contact with there urine as they cary a very dangerous disease that humans can catch. Weil's disease.........Ron

see this is what we worry about.  We have blocked loads of holes around the house that we know of but they have been in the kitchen, play room, dining room.  I got four kids, one only 16 months old, so always on his hands and putting things in his mouth.  Had poison down but they just came back,  Now got ammonia, peppermint oil, cat litter and urinal blocks, all pet safe remedies that don't seem to work.  Even if I shoot the buggers more will just take their place.

Niko killed a rat while we were walking him once. He shook it and threw it at me and it hit me dead on in the chest. :eek:
Ewe! Gross. Nikko was chewing on something a couple months ago so I pulled it out of his mouth and I had a dead frog in my hands. I nearly puked! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Sky!  We had a small adolesent rat in our outside storage cupboard a couple years back.  Me and the hubby were trying to chase it out and scare it, hubby shouting out "its coming your way!  Quick!"  and me holding a shovel and then panicking at the last moment and dropping everything and running off.  Must of looked a proper state to the neighbours!  lol.