Bored Husky Pup

Tilly

Hi all,

My 6month sib , beau is in season.

What I want to know is what did u do to entertain your sib while they r in season.

We have toys and garden time but she still is not a happy bunny.

What can I do to save my house being distroyed lol

Thanks in advance

post-8860-0-24967000-1359027172_thumb.jp

i used to walk diva while in season done alot of road walking where i knew there wouldnt be offlead dogs, she had loads of garden play(fetch, tug chase etc) then she had her filled kongs and raw bones from the butchers xx

Thanks for the tip everyone , my husband and myself are in discussion re spaying. Even though the idea of little fur babies melt my heart, the thought of the amount of poop, noise and homing them puts me off. I'm not a breeder , and know very minimal about preg huskys. ( I only know about the human variety lol). I have looked at many debates on this topic, and feel I will be able to make an informed decision . I'm now going to hide food in the garden, and I have invested in a kong. Thanks again everyone

Thanks for the tip everyone , my husband and myself are in discussion re spaying. Even though the idea of little fur babies melt my heart, the thought of the amount of poop, noise and homing them puts me off. I'm not a breeder , and know very minimal about preg huskys. ( I only know about the human variety lol). I have looked at many debates on this topic, and feel I will be able to make an informed decision . I'm now going to hide food in the garden, and I have invested in a kong. Thanks again everyone

If you are not a breeder, and I don't know what you know about her background and if her parents were checked for hips/eyes, etc., why would you even consider breeding her?  There are many huskies, pu ppies included out there that need homes and are already in rescue...so if you aren't doing it to better the breed or know what to even do, please please consider strongly to spay.

I have good back gound on beau and family history of hips and eyes are all fab. So would have no concern in that department. If u read my comment carefully u would know that breeding my baby is very low on my list of things to do in life. I was just stating that the idea of pups is nice but realistically I don't think I personally could allow that to happen to beau. I am on your side with the fact of lots of dogs need a home. Unfortunately it is not just my decision but hubby's as well. I never expected to be faced with a season as I still see her as too little. I have done my researcher both ways, and my husband is looking at it too. I think I have made my decision but I need to bring him around to my way of thinking. Please do not be concerned as I'm a sensible person and not interested in profit . I'm passionate about the breed and devoted to my beau. U are proberbly wondering which way I fall............ To spay ! :-)