What's The Most Difficult Thing You've Had To Do?

Smokey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting out of Texas, and staying sane while there. This was just in December too. XD Can't believe I've only been out of that place a little over a month. D:

But anyway, we moved from California to Texas in July with 7 cats and a dog, were stuck there until December, and then moved from Texas to North Carolina with 9 cats and a dog.

ok ive not really blabbed this and only a few people know.

I had an abortion, it was 8 years ago after a brief fling with my ex husband. Im not proud of it, but my ex husband didnt want anything to do with it and I already had Jordon who was 2 almost 3 and I couldnt cope with him because of his behaviour issues. So I made the only decision I could, it broke my heart but it was the right thing to do. 

Looking back I wish Id had more support from my ex or my family so I could have made a different decision but it was best for all parties.

I know not everyone agrees with it and I hope noone will slate me for it but I didnt have to tell this, I could have made up something less invasive.

x

Six years ago, on a Friday night, my 18 year old nephew committed suicide after he was involved in a minor accident - he was writing his finals and was probably stressed - we are not sure exactly why he did it.  He died in his car from exhaust fumes.  

The following evening (Saturday), my eldest  brother died in the exact same way - he never knew that his nephew was dead as he was out of contact with the family for a few weeks.  He was an alcoholic, one of the most amazing, kindest, most brilliant people I have ever met, but he could not live with his addiction any longer.

The hardest part for me was saying goodbye to them both at the same time while trying to be there for my parents who were absolutely devastated, and being there for my brother too, who lost his only child and his only brother in one weekend. 

My first thing is having to watch my grandmother pass away. I was 15, and she decided to take herself off of dialysis. She was tired of living that way, having to go every other day, and having 100's of medical problems. The hardest part of it was knowing she was going to die, and watching my mother lose her only living parent was tough...especially when I knew there was nothing to do to help her.

The other hard thing was telling my husband that I had been molested as a child by my babysitters eldest son. (I was 4).

And a couple weeks ago, my husband and I made the choice to put our Max to sleep... I've never had to watch my husband cry like that... it was tough. And I think I cried more because he was crying.

But there is nothing tougher than watching your own father cry... I've only seen him cry twice, and it seems odd that the toughest man you know can cry.

And @Storm & Angel's Mum, I commend you. I can't say that I know how you feel, because I don't. But it takes a lot of courage.

I've never had anyone close to me pass away so I can't even begin to imagine what that's like.

I was hospitalized twice for a total of 3 months and 3 weeks for an eating disorder, those were the worst days of my life and made me appreciate the freedom I had before all that happened.

Also, seeing my mum get used by every guy she dates and accepting the fact that your related to someone who could do such awful things to someone you love.

Wherever she goes she knows there's a chance that there's going to be someone following her who she doesn't want to know and lost everything she had after my dad left.

She never does anything for herself and never really seems happy.

My first thing is having to watch my grandmother pass away. I was 15, and she decided to take herself off of dialysis. She was tired of living that way, having to go every other day, and having 100's of medical problems. The hardest part of it was knowing she was going to die, and watching my mother lose her only living parent was tough...especially when I knew there was nothing to do to help her.   The other hard thing was telling my husband that I had been molested as a child by my babysitters eldest son. (I was 4).   And a couple weeks ago, my husband and I made the choice to put our Max to sleep... I've never had to watch my husband cry like that... it was tough. And I think I cried more because he was crying.   But there is nothing tougher than watching your own father cry... I've only seen him cry twice, and it seems odd that the toughest man you know can cry.   And @Storm & Angel's Mum, I commend you. I can't say that I know how you feel, because I don't. But it takes a lot of courage.
thankyou. And you too.xx

The hardest thing in my life? Losing my Nonna and Nonno (Italian grandparents), and watching Dad (the strongest person I know) break down into tears at his parents' passing. I think that was the first time I saw him cry.

I was 16; they passed a week from each other. I miss them everyday.

But, on the bright side (if there is any), I learned the value of life and how life is so short you have to make the most out of living it.

Edited by SolitaryHowl

After 7 years of trying to have babies with my significant other, fertility treatments, and losing multiple pregnancies, there was an exact moment I finally realized/accepted that I am infertile and will never have biological children. That hit like a ton of bricks.

But I am going to be an awesome puppy mom!

After 7 years of trying to have babies with my significant other, fertility treatments, and losing multiple pregnancies, there was an exact moment I finally realized/accepted that I am infertile and will never have biological children. That hit like a ton of bricks.

post-1262-13586078454258_thumb.jpg

Aw shit, I'm so sorry. :(

Have you considered using a serogate? (your egg and your hubby's sperm, but another woman carries the baby for you). One of my cousins had a problem with carrying her baby, so she paid for a serogate and she now has a beautiful baby boy.

Edited by SolitaryHowl

The most difficult thing i had to do was saying goodbye to my grandparents. We would always visit them every weekend and they were the closest family we had. I'd spend the night with them and play games in their garage and huge backyard. We did almost everything together with them. My grandpa passed first, i was 11 years old. Anything that had to do with the marines reminded me of him. It was even hard to walk into school because the carpet had a marine symbol on it. My grandma moved in with us and we took care of her until she passed a year after grandpa.

One of the hardest parts of it was when they were auctioning off the property and everything in the house. I hated seeing all the stuff that i loved and held dear sold off to people i didn't know. Especially walking around in the house i felt most comfortable in with beady eye'd strangers, even the bathroom wasn't sacred. At least i knew a hidden bathroom that no one else but my family knew about.

My sister and i have stuffed animals that we gave to them while they were in the hospital, the stuffed animals names are now grandma and grandpa. It's been seven years but it still feels like the last time i talked to them and played in their yard was yesterday.

This was really hard to type  :cry1: Good thing no one is home right now.

This thread sure took a turn. D: My mind didn't exactly go there, but now I'm thinking of some dark places in my past. I don't say this a lot. Or at all, really. But when I was in 8th grade I had an ex-boyfriend commit suicide over the phone with me because I broke up with him.... It's been a long, hard road to stop blaming myself and move on. To this day it still often haunts my thoughts and dreams.

Everybody else, as was said, you're all really strong for coming forth with the information you did. I commend you all. Almost every story in this thread has pulled at my chest. :(

The most difficult thing i had to do was saying goodbye to my grandparents. We would always visit them every weekend and they were the closest family we had. I'd spend the night with them and play games in their garage and huge backyard. We did almost everything together with them. My grandpa passed first, i was 11 years old. Anything that had to do with the marines reminded me of him. It was even hard to walk into school because the carpet had a marine symbol on it. My grandma moved in with us and we took care of her until she passed a year after grandpa.

One of the hardest parts of it was when they were auctioning off the property and everything in the house. I hated seeing all the stuff that i loved and held dear sold off to people i didn't know. Especially walking around in the house i felt most comfortable in with beady eye'd strangers, even the bathroom wasn't sacred. At least i knew a hidden bathroom that no one else but my family knew about.

My sister and i have stuffed animals that we gave to them while they were in the hospital, the stuffed animals names are now grandma and grandpa. It's been seven years but it still feels like the last time i talked to them and played in their yard was yesterday.

This was really hard to type  :cry1: Good thing no one is home right now.

Hugs <3  I can't understand exactly how you feel but I know what it's like to have something out in the open and feel like it no longer has the meaning or worth it once did.