What's The Most Difficult Thing You've Had To Do?

Smokey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread sure took a turn. D: My mind didn't exactly go there, but now I'm thinking of some dark places in my past. I don't say this a lot. Or at all, really. But when I was in 8th grade I had an ex-boyfriend commit suicide over the phone with me because I broke up with him.... It's been a long, hard road to stop blaming myself and move on. To this day it still often haunts my thoughts and dreams.

Everybody else, as was said, you're all really strong for coming forth with the information you did. I commend you all. Almost every story in this thread has pulled at my chest. :(

I'm so sorry about that, i can't understand how you feel but my sister has been going through something with her ex-boyfriend. He's threatened her and threatened to commit suicide but he just raped her best friend instead.  :angry:

I'm so sorry about that, i can't understand how you feel but my sister has been going through something with her ex-boyfriend. He's threatened her and threatened to commit suicide but he just raped her best friend instead.  :angry:

Oh wow. I don't understand what makes some people tick. D; Some people are just so horrible.

When I was 16 my sister who has bipolar took a turn for the worse and was pretty much in hospital every couple of days for attempting to take her life. My parents wouldn't accept it and had nothing to with it and my brother was away and my other sister is a recovering drug addict, so it was left to me to pick up the pieces. We were very close until all this, I had police coming to get me all the time to help coax her out of situations. It was a lonely time, she used to be the closet thing to me but we hardly speak now.

Also losing my first dog and horse were just awful, it makes me cry just thinking that I will go through it again when I lose my babies now, but hopefully this is yearssss to come.

The worst thing I've had to face so far is watching a good friend of mine who was a gay alcoholic slowly drink himself to death.

He moved into the town & we became friends via my girlfriend's mate, he'd look after the dogs while we were in work. He confided in me that he drank because he didn't want to be gay & had done some things he wasn't proud of when he was younger (* censored *)

I went around to get him to come for a walk with me & the dogs one night & he was lay on his settee, looking like a zombie.

He refused to go to hospital & (as I wasn't family) there was nothing else I could do but ring his father. He came down the following morning (he'd been drinking himself) & the police had to kick in the door.

They found him dead on the settee with his poor dog cowering behind the tv. I managed to re-home the dog with a lovely lady but had to give evidence at the inquest.

I kept thinking 'what if I'd got him to go to hospital' but it was made clear by the coroner at the inquest, that even if he'd have gone into hospital that night, he'd still be dead, the damage to his body was already to far gone. He'd been drinking 9 litres of cider a day!

This is a hard one. My most difficult thing was burying my last GSD. We had an exceptional bond as I was there when he was born,31st March 1998, mine was the first voice he heard and I was there when he was put to sleep 6th April 2010. I then took him home and buried him in the garden. It took me 8 hours I was so upset. Still get upset now. I've always said that my life is my dogs and my dogs are my life.

Gary.

I could write so many replies but the ones that stand out are trying to take my own life at 16, being with both my grandparents as they took their last breath and the hardest one of all having to go though an abortion as I had little choice, it still hurts to this day and I I now will never be able to have children, that cuts me deeper than anything I think I will ever know :( Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The most difficult think I have had to do, was take my cat's sister to be put down. She had stomach cancer. Was vomiting constantly and wasting away. I have no doubt in my mind that I did the right thing as none of the treatments were working, but I hated the fact that I had to do it.

The hardest thing that I have had to face was the death of my aunt. She had lymatic cancer and went quickly. It was difficult as she was so young and we were so close. I miss her immensly.

I could write so many replies but the ones that stand out are trying to take my own life at 16, being with both my grandparents as they took their last breath and the hardest one of all having to go though an abortion as I had little choice, it still hurts to this day and I I now will never be able to have children, that cuts me deeper than anything I think I will ever know :(Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You know... I always wondered why you of all people didn't have kids...didn't wanna pry. Thanks for sharing. I went through an abortion about a year ago as well. I don't regret it nor am I afraid that I might not be able to have kids... But the future only knows that truth...

I could write so many replies but the ones that stand out are trying to take my own life at 16, being with both my grandparents as they took their last breath and the hardest one of all having to go though an abortion as I had little choice, it still hurts to this day and I I now will never be able to have children, that cuts me deeper than anything I think I will ever know :( Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hugs sazzles xx

So many things I could put! Umm now let's see a few are Watching my brother die on the hospital bed when I was 5 and not being able to say goodbye to him at his funeral but also watching my parents fall apart from each other and divorcing, my dad turned on anti depressants and alcohol Being bullied through first and second school Several episodes of depression which are just a continuous rollercoaster ride that ain't stopping soon Saying goodbye to my bestest friend Rusty Saying goodbye to my much loved grandad Could list more but it making me down

ok ive not really blabbed this and only a few people know.

I had an abortion, it was 8 years ago after a brief fling with my ex husband. Im not proud of it, but my ex husband didnt want anything to do with it and I already had Jordon who was 2 almost 3 and I couldnt cope with him because of his behaviour issues. So I made the only decision I could, it broke my heart but it was the right thing to do. 

Looking back I wish Id had more support from my ex or my family so I could have made a different decision but it was best for all parties.

I know not everyone agrees with it and I hope noone will slate me for it but I didnt have to tell this, I could have made up something less invasive.

x

:grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Watching my Step-Dad go from a reasonably healthy 86 year old, to a stick thin zombie, and then pass away

All thanks to a series of infections.

We miss you lots Albert. RIP

Big snogs xxx

Helping my mother cope with mental illness which has resulted in her having tried to commit suicide on several occassions.  Although most of my family live locally they've distanced themselves over the years as they struggle to cope when she has a relapse which leaves me to cope on my own. I'm certain most people find it strange that I live with my mother but this is the best and safest option in my opinion as there have been no further relapses since I sold my house, changed jobs and generally put my life on hold several years ago to look after her.  I don't resent my mum for any of this as I understand that she has an illness and  I made a promise to my dad on his death bed that I would look after mum so this is what I intend to do no matter how hard it gets