Staff Room Ideas

Stormy

As i said previously my manager has asked me to change the two walls in the staff area... at the moment on them is memories through the year say like stuff they have done with sainsburys etc.... I think i shall keep this but obviously make it a 2013 wall! 

The other wall currently has all the staff at the top and then months on the left and they have blank hearts and they write on what they are proud of ... not many of the staff did this tbh! So its this wall i have no idea what to do tbh!!

So any ideas people?? This is what i have so far!:

·       Humour board for jokes/funny pics etc

·       Inspirational posters or pictures

·       Staff photo board (can put anything they want on this)

·       Suggestion box for ideas from staff members

·       Valentines day dress up

·       Red nose day (fundraising ideas??)

·       Easter

You could have it be that other staff member write what they should be proud of. It's common sense these days that people feel shy about their own achievements, but can easily point out others.

Yeah that is currently what is up though and it didn't really work apparently!

Will post more later, however would be careful with the jokes/humour stuff going up on the wall. You need to ensure there are rules in place to ensure nothing offensive to others is put up there in a place like that.

Agree with Marc about the jokes, because it may force people to drink lots of booze, hang around toilets with their iPhone taking photos of people on the toilet and posting it on the wall for all to see! Heaven forbid!<br><br>

As one wall is about the year gone by, how about the other one about the year to come? Staff events, planned nights out, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings etc.... Or an "all about me" wall. With pictures of all staff and a q+a style interview=. Favourite foods, colour, etc.. Quite like solitary howl's idea of collaborating with staff to find out what they would like, you'll probably get mostly "I dunno" responses but someone might have a really good idea.

Edited by emma1979

Thanks for the replies guys :) Dont worry nothing will be just going on the wall without other peoples opinions etc :) I put on the list for my manager about a staff box for the other staff to put their ideas also :) As at the end of the day it would be selfish of me to just do what i want!! :) Agree with the humour jokes thing may not be a great idea but like i said nothing will be going up without opinions etc and it all goes through my manager also :)