What To Do You With Your Babies When Your Away?

jessiezara90

We've kennelled Indy and Nanook before with no problems, we have a friends wedding in September so all 3 will go to the kennel for a couple of nights. A friends of ours father works at the kennel so we get regular text updates and they get to play with new dogs and people. I do feel mean when we have done it but I know that they are well looked after and they always have a great holiday too. There is a company here in the uk called barking mad that take dogs into "host" family's for holidays, you could look at something along those lines. I know that with barking mad they are mainly retired people who love dogs, some have dogs of their own and some are dog free homes so your dog would get lots of love and attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left Diamond in a kennel for one night once and I swore I would never leave him there anymore. The owner of the kennel is my mom's friend and the advert says they provide potty walks and play time beside basic care for the dogs but I think that's just a load of BS .___. Diamond definitely looks unhappy the morning I picked him up. He looks scared and what's worse is the amount of pee he peed on my yard. I almost believe saying: "I can go to the convenient store, buy a drink, walk back home and he'd still be peeing" is not overly-dramatic  :wacko: doesn't that mean they don't take him on said potty walks?  <_<

anyways, that means I don't think I would ever kennel my boy anymore. He was rarely left alone because I have a maid who understands his needs fully, but there is this one occasion where he stayed with my neighbor. Simply because my neighbor's dogs love him so much the family loves him too! :P I'm lucky I live in such a dog-friendly neighborhood  :)  

there is a kennals nr us that is the best i used to work in kennels when i was younger and know what to look for i realy trust these people and have had no probs put sometimes i pay someone to stay at mine cos there at home and thay eat better so first chiose home second kennels but one of mine is a proper escape artist and the kennels know this and cope with it in the right way   if you decide on kennels send me a message and i will give you tips on what to look for

@ stormy, Cheers, Naya gets on with everyone so no problem there.

I'm going to see a family who do dog boarding (at home not kennels) tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be good enough to leave my little Naya for a weekend :)

Hi ya. I'm a dog walker and sitter. If you let me know your area. I can speak to some of the vets and behaviourist who send me clients and find out if there are any trustworthy people in your area. I do have good connections xxx

Hello I'm in north wales gwynedd. Middle of nowhere:(. Xxx

In the past we have taken Rusty on our vacations and he loves it all local of course.  Now that our count is 3 that is not possible.  We have not gone anywhere in over a year.  I do have a great friend that would take Rusty and Rori for a short time as she knows them.  She has Rori's mom and is the home that I re-homed Rusty from.  So I know they would be well taken care of.  I know that it would be outdoors as much as that bothers me the dogs would love it.  As far as Vader goes it would be a struggle as I can't find anyone to bathe him even.  I too hate the thought of kenneling them, but do know someone through our trainer that owns a kennel and would as long as she had no physical contact with Vader.  I would suggest checking with local vets and see if maybe their staff will dog sit.  Some even have kennels for the day then take them home at night.  Good luck with your search and keep us posted what you decide.