Where The Heck Did This Tick Come From?!?!

loriam

While I was at school today, my boyfriend, Patric, texted me to let me know about something that happened at home.

He said that Athena laid her head on his lap while he was at his computer and he noticed what he thought was a clump of dirt above her nose. He didn't know it was a tick and pulled it off and the bite wound started bleeding. We're making an appointment with our vet to make sure she's ok since there are still black bits in the swollen area and I know these little creepers like to infect poor dogs with various deseases.

But I have to say, I started reading more about ticks and found that most sources say they hide in tall grass in warm and humid places. I live in the Pacific Northwest and it has been really cold out albeit that's why we've been neglecting our garden and the grass is growing pretty tall. We'll be cleaning up possible tick headquarters before we let Athena back out into the garden.

I've found a lot of information on how to properly remove a tick but we're already passed that point. Is there anything I can do to clean the wound out before we take her to the vet's? I feel so bad for my poor little girl. and just thinking about ticks being in the yard and possibly in the house makes me itchy and uncomfortable. . .

when diva had a tick we just got it off then cleaned the wound with warm salt water. re-done her flea and tick treatment and sprayed her with tea tree spray apparently ticks and fleas hate tea tree lol well shes not had one since lol xx