Trampoline Question For Safety

Bambi92

Hi all,

My heart almost jumped out of my chest not long ago. All I heard was sasha yelping (almost screaming) went out and she had her foot stuck in the spring on the trampoline lucky she didn't move to much and it didn't hurt her think it just scared her me and my partner ran out to help her I had to hold her in one place so he could get her leg out.

Now my question is how would I make it safe for her to play on so her feet won't slip through? It has the mats around it but its a two piece mat so it has an open section on either side I've tried to pull them as close to each other as possible but there's still the gap her foot went through and got stuck :( Sasha and Dozer both like jumping and wrestling on there and I can't stop them from going on it unless I take it down which I don't want to do unless I can't make it safe for them. It's the first time she has gotten her foot stuck and I don't want it to happen again specially if I'm home alone.

That's what I was thinking but not sure if that will help with the way these two silly buggers slide across the mat onto the tramp lol sasha goes crazy running around the yard then pretty much flys onto the tramp haha

something to consider and i dont think you want to hear it but that is one of the biggest concern for parents with their children. so i would think dogs in general are definietely more likely to fall in. i personally dont know of anything that would make it safer.

you could actually buy one of the net cages that surrond it.  the pros would be that it surronds the tramp and once they are on the tramp they cant get their feet caught and you could regulate when they can and can not get on the tramp. that also could be considered a negative though. 

good luck and hope everything works out with the tramp!

something to consider and i dont think you want to hear it but that is one of the biggest concern for parents with their children. so i would think dogs in general are definietely more likely to fall in. i personally dont know of anything that would make it safer.

you could actually buy one of the net cages that surrond it.  the pros would be that it surronds the tramp and once they are on the tramp they cant get their feet caught and you could regulate when they can and can not get on the tramp. that also could be considered a negative though. 

good luck and hope everything works out with the tramp!

There was a net around it but sasha didn't think it was ment to be there and jumped through it on one of her crazy runs around the yard lol she isn't aloud on it unless I'm watching her but every now and then she goes crazy within seconds of going out the back door and goes flying on it after I've walked away from the door.

There is no real way to make them safe unless I go out and buy on without the springs but can't afford that. So ill do what I can to cover the holes when it's dry again and hope she doesn't go through it again. I don't know why she decided to love playing on it it took her a month before she went any where near it I guess it's just the crazy dog she is haha