Glala Got Her Three Seconds Of Freedom!

BlueWolf

Yesterday I was out walking all three. Glala got a new harness. I probably didn't attached it properly because it must've come a bit loose near the end of the walk. When I was nearly home she suddenly stopped. I called her and gave a gently tug on the lead. She proceeded to back off and got out of her harness!!  :eek: Now Glala is the kind of dog that, as soon as she realise she's free, she WILL run off immediately. No food or treats will help her coming back. Luck is the only thing that will help you. Running towards her will just make it worse. So when I saw she got loose I initially did nothing. She was out of reach and she would jump away if run towards her. She must've not immediately realised it as she walked towards me. Right when she passed me I saw she realised there was no lead attached to her and began to run. That was when I made a huge leap and jumped right onto here! She was so shocked that she started screaming out loud. Since the harness got off I had nothing to hold on except her fur. I managed to get her to lie on her back because all she wanted was to run away.

Now at this time its worth mentioning Glala can scream incredibly loudly. I was quite afraid people would get out of their houses and encounter me wrestling with a dog. It also didn't really helped them Wodak and Dana weren't standing still either, lol.

It took a full two minutes to get Glala in a position she couldn't run away, while also trying to get her harness on WHILE also holding two dogs. My heart did probably some 2000 beats per minutes but eventually I managed to sort everything out. I gave her extra cuddles back home. She seemed to have forgiven me. It's not uncommon that male dogs try to jump on her but never has an adult man jump on her while trying to bear hug her  :lolman:

Good Job :up:

Daughtry got off the lead in the park, (slipped out of her collar) and proceeded to chase a girl with a tiny puppy.

I'm chasing Daughtry, The girl with the puppy is trying to run away. (really !!!! not helping)

I'm running around in silly circles with Echo and Darwin running and all excited which didn't help calm Daughtry down.

Eventually I managed to dive and snag her collar.

slipped her collar back on and led them all home.

Phew !!

nice catch...can imagine how fast your heart was beating.  similar thing happened when I had my boys alone a couple years ago...realized i'd dropped andy's lead while jack was being an ass...he never realized it, but it scared me nonetheless! 

I once dropped Dana's lead by accident (got Glala's lead, thinking it was Dana's one). She simply continued walking, stopped to sniff some grass, looked where I was staying and waited for me to catch up. You'd never realise Glala and Dana are sisters of each other  :S