His Rosey Plums, Etc ...

Removed #5

This isn't really steam room topic but I couldn't find anyplace else to put it ...

We're mostly adults here and I don't understand why people mince words when they're talking about anatomy or bodily functions - excuse me, but at times, I feel like I'm in a room with a bunch of 6th graders.

Her bits, etc - meaning, I presume, her vagina.

His bits, etc - meaning either / or his penis and testicles.

Tee-tee - meaning urine or urinate.

Poo, etc - meaning feces.

I'm probably going to catch it here - but I really don't understand ....

(( and yes, I really did use "hooters" referring to a woman's breasts - so shoot me! ))

This isn't really steam room topic but I couldn't find anyplace else to put it ...

We're mostly adults here and I don't understand why people mince words when they're talking about anatomy or bodily functions - excuse me, but at times, I feel like I'm in a room with a bunch of 6th graders.

Her bits, etc - meaning, I presume, her vagina.

His bits, etc - meaning either / or his penis and testicles.

Tee-tee - meaning urine or urinate.

Poo, etc - meaning feces.

I'm probably going to catch it here - but I really don't understand ....

(( and yes, I really did use "hooters" referring to a woman's breasts - so shoot me! ))

Yes, but this is classed as a family forum. Sometimes I find it annoying too, but its not that big of a deal...

Like, sometimes I'll use the words 'poo' or 'pee', but that's kinda slang I guess...even my doctor uses those words.

But maybe some people don't want to make OTHERS feel uncomfortable by saying those words, like I've stopped myself using the 'correct' words numerous times because I don't want to offend others or make them feel uncomfortable.

i dunno i guess we try and make it a bit nicer lol i mean they arent the nicest of words are they.

with my kids at home we do use boys bits and girls bits. My eldest does know the correct terms. My youngest is 6 years old so I dont want her shouting about penises and vaginas in the street!! :o so she doesnt know them.

It seems to me that the line for political correctness is very thin and ever moving, however, having said that, why the hell do we bother when you've got loud mouthed idiots out in the street f'ing and blinding like it's going out of fashion and not giving a hoot who hears it. Kids these days get more bad language in the school playground than anywhere else. I agree in using the correct term for whatever it is. IMHO it is better for children to learn the correct term than a slang/ swearword for the same bit even if we do have to spend a little time explaining things to them.

Gary.

I guess we all should be using the correct terminology but we all have our own speech inflections and slang terms that makes our own vocabulary different from the next persons. Never have I stood up in a restaurant and said "please exscuse me, I need to urinate" as sometimes the correct words are just not deemed acceptable.

I can see what you're saying here but immature words such as pee pee are no better or worse than pi**, technically they're both slang and incorrect (unless the latter is accompanied by the word off! And directed at someone irritating!). Some of the imaginative ways of describing body parts, I personally find quite funny. Had a child at work once many years back, who when toilet training kept referring to her "clam". I had no idea what she meant. Completely bewildered until eventually (don't ask how long!) I Sussed it out. It did make me laugh, although truth be told I still felt a bit confused! Lol.

I guess we all should be using the correct terminology but we all have our own speech inflections and slang terms that makes our own vocabulary different from the next persons. Never have I stood up in a restaurant and said "please exscuse me, I need to urinate" as sometimes the correct words are just not deemed acceptable.

I can see what you're saying here but immature words such as pee pee are no better or worse than pi**, technically they're both slang and incorrect (unless the latter is accompanied by the word off! And directed at someone irritating!). Some of the imaginative ways of describing body parts, I personally find quite funny. Had a child at work once many years back, who when toilet training kept referring to her "clam". I had no idea what she meant. Completely bewildered until eventually (don't ask how long!) I Sussed it out. It did make me laugh, although truth be told I still felt a bit confused! Lol.

lmao ive heard of it referred to as a "mary"

i dunno i guess we try and make it a bit nicer lol i mean they arent the nicest of words are they.

with my kids at home we do use boys bits and girls bits. My eldest does know the correct terms. My youngest is 6 years old so I dont want her shouting about penises and vaginas in the street!! :o so she doesnt know them.

Aren't they??  What's wrong with them that the "aren't nice"?  She probably know tee-tee or some equivalent, does she "shout about" going tee-tee in the street, what makes you think she'd be any less appropriate if she knew and used the "correct" words? 

I'm not picking on you, it is - as I said - just a curiosity of mine.

<< snip >>Never have I stood up in a restaurant and said "please exscuse me, I need to urinate" as sometimes the correct words are just not deemed acceptable.

<< Laughing >> and when was the last time you stood up in a restaurant and announced to the world that you had to take a piss ... c'mon deary, wanna hold my hand???

lmao ive heard of it referred to as a "mary"

Hmmm.... if a "Peter" is the males apparatus and a "Mary" is the females (I've heard it too) then what's a "Paul"  (( really giving my age away on that!! ))

Aren't they??  What's wrong with them that the "aren't nice"?  She probably know tee-tee or some equivalent, does she "shout about" going tee-tee in the street, what makes you think she'd be any less appropriate if she knew and used the "correct" words? 

I'm not picking on you, it is - as I said - just a curiosity of mine.

<< Laughing >> and when was the last time you stood up in a restaurant and announced to the world that you had to take a piss ... c'mon deary, wanna hold my hand???

Hmmm.... if a "Peter" is the males apparatus and a "Mary" is the females (I've heard it too) then what's a "Paul"  (( really giving my age away on that!! ))

no ideas. i guess its just something we do.

Lol at the peter and paul comment

lol clam... lol.....

i call it by the normal words. only because i would feel like a child saying "bits" or "private parts" not to mention bits is def not an american thing hahah.

however, i do agree i never say i need to urinate. it would be more i need to pee. (not teetee)

lol Al you always come up with interesting posts :)