Mother Of 2 Huskies

kchesney8

Hello all,

My names Nikki and I live in Oregon. I currently have a 2yr old husky named Tuff and will be bringing my new husky home on the 7th. Her name is Sadie and she will be 8 weeks old. Tuff is my child and I am really excited to add a new baby to the mix. Any advice on how to introduce them? Tuff gets along great with other dogs, I'm just worried he will get annoyed with her puppy behavior.

post-9275-0-94262900-1359608278_thumb.jp

post-9275-0-80850000-1359608293_thumb.jp

Welcome to the pack they are both stunning! I'd have them meet somewhere like your garden with someone holding the pup n bringing tuff out to meet her n then bringing them in the house together , just supervise them n if he does get annoyed take the puppy out the room so he gets some rest from her :-)

Hiya and welcome :) Introducing should be fine just make sure they each get rests and time away from each other to chill and make sure you give your older dog plenty of attention still :) Also Tuff will soon let the puppy know if he is getting fed up with her play :)

Hi Nikki, welcome to Husky Owners - Tuff & Sadie are gorgeous. As others have said, I wouldn't think there would be an issue with bringing Sadie home to Tuff - Tuff is just an overgrown pup at 2 yrs old :lolman:  Just make sure Tuff has somewhere to go if he's had enough after a few hours :rofl: