Meet Our New Baby! :d

musicalxheart

First off, remember me? :) I joined the site last year in May when I thought we were going to be Husky Parents, but unfortunately it didn't happen the way we had hoped it would. So I took a break from the site and to do more research on the breed and poke around, looking for a reptuable breeder that's not too far away from where we live. I have been focusing on myself and my family, and I've started taking college classes online from an accredited college so that I wouldn't have to leave my son with family or friends to go to class. Anyway, now I'm back and with wonderful news!

We found someone in our town that has Husky puppies and they will be ready on February 10th. We talked all afternoon yesterday on Facebook and scheduled to meet this morning to talk further about the breed in general and so that the lady could show us the damages that can happen if a Husky gets too bored, and stuff. So this morning my husband and I (and our son too), went over to meet her and meet her Huskies and the puppies. Her and her husband own both parents of the litter and are going to get them spayed and neutered soon, and both are microchipped. The point is that I liked how friendly she was and how informative she was and she asked us lots of questions and told us to feel free to ask any questions we have and that we can contact her any time (within a reasonable hour of course) with questions or whatever we may need. She let us meet the puppies, they're 6 weeks old and have been wormed and have had their first round of shots, they'll have their second round by the time the pick-up date comes around. After talking with her I felt pretty comfortable with the idea of having a Husky as a part of my family, sure there will be challenges, but that's what makes life fun, right? :) We were able to pick out our girl and we snapped a couple pictures on both of our phones to have until we actually get to pick her up. I'm so excited!! :D

Now with all that being said, here are the two pictures I took of her:

post-7639-0-24563000-1359752003_thumb.jp

post-7639-0-83808500-1359752055_thumb.jp

She was sleepy after playing hard with her siblings. She has a very sweet personality from what I can tell, but the lady said she can be somewhat of a thief, lol. This will be interesting. :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks you guys! :)

My heart melted when I saw all of the pups, but it melted even more when I was holding the one we chose when she nuzzled my chin, it was way too adorable for words. I absolutely love her markings. I just can't wait to get her here with us and starting bonding and making her a part of our family. :)

Thanks you guys! :)

My heart melted when I saw all of the pups, but it melted even more when I was holding the one we chose when she nuzzled my chin, it was way too adorable for words. I absolutely love her markings. I just can't wait to get her here with us and starting bonding and making her a part of our family. :)

you know they say they choose us not the other way round ;)

congrats, does she have a name?

She pretty much chose us, I mean the nuzzling just won me. I just had to have her after that, I think she'll be a perfect fit for our family. And plus since I've been trying to lose weight it will be great to have a walking buddy, and eventually when she's older I'll have a running buddy.

Right now her breeder has been calling her Keira, just so she didn't end up calling all the puppies "Puppy". :)  I think I like that name though, so I might not change it. Picking names for pets is way too hard, lol. It took me MONTHS to name my cat Buttercup, lol. I'm open to suggestions for names for my pup though. :)

you know they say they choose us not the other way round ;)

congrats, does she have a name?

Thank you! And I can barely contain all of my excitement, I just absolutely cannot wait to get her home with us! Tomorrow will mark exactly one week until we go and pick her up. I think when the 10th gets here I will be up at the crack of dawn, and be ready way before time to leave to go get her, lol.

Hey~~~

When I saw the name I couldn't believe it. :D I've been wondering what happened to you! I'm so happy to hear the glad news after what happened last time! Your little girl is so cute.

Niko's birthday is on the 10th! And while you were away, we got two more Husky pups. ^^

I almost couldn't believe it when we were actually picking out our girl just a couple days ago. :D It's still a little surreal, and I can't stop watching the videos and looking at pictures that the breeder posted on her Facebook. All the pups are gorgeous and the parents are wonderful and have very good personalities. The dad of the litter cracked me up, he was trying to shove his nose down my boot when I first met him and he kept wanting to be loved on which I didn't mind doing at all, he was the sweetest thing.

Thank you so much! We let her know about our previous experience and she reassured us that she would contact us if anything happened and that we can always contact her and she'll answer or get back with us asap if we need something. I'm very comfortable with her and I'm so glad she took the time to make sure we understood what we were getting ourselves into with a Husky pup. :)

Happy early birthday to Niko!! :D

That's so awesome. :D The people we got Niko from were super helpful with Niko considering he was an accident. I tried to contract them recently though and I believe the man we got him from passed away. :( He was so young too.

That's so awesome! It still upsets me to this day what happened. >< I'm really glad it led you to this woman though.

Thanks. :D I'll be sure he gets some birthday pets.