Meet Our New Baby! :d

musicalxheart

Oh no! That's so sad. :( Do you know around how old he was?

Ugh, I still hate thinking about what happened the first time around, we never got our money back either.. Which still infuriates me a little, but I've pretty much let it go. There's no way to find the guy and no way to contact him, his sister or sister-in-law that posted the ad was so rude too so we just gave up after a month or so of trying to deal with them.

Me too. My husband actually found her though, and I'm glad he did. I wasn't expecting to actually run into someone in my town that had puppies, and that was actually friendly and helpful. We're friends on Facebook now and she wants us to keep in contact and update her on our puppy when we get her home. :) So that's a big plus as well.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe late twenties, early 30's? He had two kids in the backseat that were still in car seats.

Wow. >< That's messed up. Oh well though, is the past. gotta move forward. As I've said before, we lost all of our belongings this past year. Graduation gowns, pictures, clothes, and so many other precious objects and money, but we've managed to keep all our fur kids together and now we're back on path towards getting our lives together again!

Sweet. Funny how sometimes our other halves keep us surprised huh? XD Grats again on finding a a good breeder! Just one more week wait. How will you survive?

She's stunning. What a beautiful face :) I love the black an whites. And I love how happy/excited you are :) I know I'm biased but there's something extra about huskies that other dogs don't have. And that invariably transfers to the owners. You don't seem to get the passion about a dog of another breed that husky owners have. Or the willingness to meet and greet perfect strangers in parks and on streets an stand an chat husky for as long as the dogs in your hand will allow you to. And in Togo's case add to the convo in his own inimitable way lol

That is so sad, those poor kids.. :( It saddens me when I hear things like that..

I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that! I know it's not fun at all to lose most of your belongings. But I'm glad that you guys are getting on your feet again, and it's so wonderful that you guys were able to keep all the furbabies together. :)

I know, he is SO sweet sometimes, lol. Haha, I don't know.. This one week wait is going to be hard!

Maybe late twenties, early 30's? He had two kids in the backseat that were still in car seats.

Wow. >< That's messed up. Oh well though, is the past. gotta move forward. As I've said before, we lost all of our belongings this past year. Graduation gowns, pictures, clothes, and so many other precious objects and money, but we've managed to keep all our fur kids together and now we're back on path towards getting our lives together again!

Sweet. Funny how sometimes our other halves keep us surprised huh? XD Grats again on finding a a good breeder! Just one more week wait. How will you survive?

Thank you! I believe I'll be very happy with her. :)

What happened last time was that we tried to get a puppy from a guy who had a litter available, at the time we didn't have too much of an idea of what to look for when choosing who to go to for a puppy (It was a bad mistake and I wish I hadn't went to him now). Anyway, we went to his house and while it was nice and was clean and everything, his dog looked like she was well taken care of, but he said the dad had been stoled. :( He didn't really ask us any questions or make sure we knew what we would be dealing with. He basically just asked which puppy we wanted and then took our deposit. After we left, a month went by and then came time to pick up our puppy, so we drove the 30 minutes out of town to go get the one we wanted and when we got there he said that all the puppies had died. What infuriated me was the fact that he didn't call us (he had our phone numbers), and he could have had his relative that posted the original ad for the puppies notify us too, because we had messaged her about them. Long story short, we messed up and gave him the benefit of the doubt, he never returned our deposit which our contract said that he would return our money if anything happened to the puppy. He said they all got parvo and died, which I don't know how true that is or whatever, but I was so heartbroken.

So when we met with the woman this past Friday, we let her know about our first experience and liked I mentioned above, she reassured us that she would return our money and would definitely contact us if something happened. I trust her, and she takes great care of her dogs. Plus I'm going to take our puppy to the vet when we get her to get her checked out to be safe.

Lovely looking puppy, hope you're happy with her :wub:

I didn't read what happened last time but please, however happy you are, make sure the breeder had his dogs health checked etc or you might end up with an unhealthy pup & heartache down the line :mouthshut:

OH! Lol, sorry, I'm a little slow today, I'm trying to finish my online class work for the week and I guess I misread.

I think she said they were good, but I'll have to ask again.

when i Sai health checked, i meant the parents. Make sure they're hip scored and eye checked. If not, you could end up with a pup that inherits a problem from it's parent's. I.e. Hip dysplasia etc