Nails?

MollynDiesel

So this has been bugging me for a while, D has nearly no claws. Just stumps (which is great when he's playing) Diesel is 19 months now and not walked ALOT so not enough to wear them down to nothing! not bad but i was just wondering, does anyone else have dogs with nearly no claws? How long are your dogs claws?

post-5371-0-84839800-1359772762_thumb.jp

Its not anything im overly worried about i was just curious :)

Darwin is the same, just small stubby claws.

Echo and Daughtry both have long claws that we have to get trimmed every couple of months

Darwin has never had his trimmed.

Strange

As Kodiak is a Mal, he has retractable claws. When their "in" they look like stubs, but when they fully out, they are HUGE!!! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Hmm? Mals have retractable claws?
Yup, Malamutes are the only breed of dog that has them. http://www.google.co.uk/#q=malamute+retractable+claws&hl=en&tbo=d&ei=GLsNUbHdL6Sw0QW5xIDQCA&start=0&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=8a68f13e3917e57&biw=1024&bih=644 Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Didn't know mals had retractable claws thats interesting :D I generally only need to trim the dew claws as the rest are worn down with all the walking we do as we do alot of pavement walking aswell as park field etc...
Yeah, it strange when Kodi was a pup, because they were just like a cats claw!!!

Something else learnt. When I got Skye she wouldn't let anyone touch her paws and I noticed that her claws were very short. I have never had to clip them in all the time that I've had her and I put it down to the abuse( when she didn't want to walk she was dragged until her paws bled) None of my other dogs have theirs clipped either but that is down to the amount of walking and running they do on concrete but at least you notice them growing. Skyes don't. Nice to know that it could be normal and she is just one of these dogs whose claws don't grow. She also now let's me touch her paws where she would snap if I even thought about it previously. I also didn't think it was true about the Mal's retractables.The things you learn :goodjob:

Gary.