Been In The Wars Again!

MollynDiesel

So D isn't even 2 yet and he's been to the vets to have 4 ops! He got in a bit of a scuff with another today and tore a part of his ear, took him to the vets just to be sure and he had to have it stitched together, was going to be local anaesthetic but it didn't knock him out enough so he had to be put under properly. So he's broken a tooth and now tore his ear, i'll need to wrap him in bubble wrap soon! haha

20mins after it happened (Doesn't look as bad as it was)

post-5371-0-67669000-1359851526_thumb.jp

When we got home (he got himself jammed between the sides lol)

post-5371-0-59655900-1359851537_thumb.jp

Bed time (got stuck trying to get on the bed)

post-5371-0-39231300-1359851554_thumb.jp

Close up (looks icky)

post-5371-0-84445100-1359851546_thumb.jp

Its not bothering him which is good, he keeps walking into everything though poor boy

Ohwell, it happens :)

Surprised it hasn't happened sooner the way this nutty breed plays! haha

Could have been worse. You could have been picking the still warm tip of his ear up off the ground and sticking it in a saline bag in the vain hope it could be reattached on a bank holiday weekend in a strange area and desperately looking for a vet that was open, while attempting to stem the blood flowing all over you. :/

Peppa wasn't yet 2 either, she now has one ear shorter than the other. They couldn't attach the piece because of infection. And had to cut more off to shape it to look similar to the other, all things considered, they did a very good job.

The pic in my whatsit bit was taken pre ear tip loss

The only thing our Kallie has done so far is jam a willow stick up her nose whilst running pellmell through the bush. didn't even slow her down, LOL. I think it hurt more coming out, lots of blood but no permanent damage. Oh, and she got stung on same said nose by a brown recluse spider, which caused her entire face to swell up impressively, took a few doses of antihistamine to bring it down. Was rather humorous for a few days.... never slowed her down.

The only thing our Kallie has done so far is jam a willow stick up her nose whilst running pellmell through the bush. didn't even slow her down, LOL. I think it hurt more coming out, lots of blood but no permanent damage. Oh, and she got stung on same said nose by a brown recluse spider, which caused her entire face to swell up impressively, took a few doses of antihistamine to bring it down. Was rather humorous for a few days.... never slowed her down.

Sorry. I know it's not a laughing matter but I had to laugh at the 'never slowed her down'. I can see the swollen snoz to, Loki ate a bee and it managed to sting him before it went down. His nose looked like one of those chocolate covered nobbly ice creams on a stick he was so sad and pathetic looking. But we didn't half laugh at his nose lol. Antihistamine and an injection (having swallowed it) to stop the vomiting sorted him out

awwww poor boy i'm sure he will be fine - just one of those things that happens, my boys have had a few puncture wounds etc 

He'll be fine :) He's back to his normal self today which sucks lol

Could have been worse. You could have been picking the still warm tip of his ear up off the ground and sticking it in a saline bag in the vain hope it could be reattached on a bank holiday weekend in a strange area and desperately looking for a vet that was open, while attempting to stem the blood flowing all over you. :/

Peppa wasn't yet 2 either, she now has one ear shorter than the other. They couldn't attach the piece because of infection. And had to cut more off to shape it to look similar to the other, all things considered, they did a very good job.

The pic in my whatsit bit was taken pre ear tip loss

Yep could've been worse!

Awww :( Yep D had to have a bit cut off aswell so he's got a mis shapen ear now. Special boy :)

Oh lovely! (kidding)

Seems like she has a very unlucky nose

aww bess him, had a few holes in the ears here, mostly Loki mouthing off at the boys lol

Awww, its battle scars, typical boys lol

Lmao! That would be awesome! If I was at home I'd photoshop his head on that pic lol

LOL I'm at work so can't do it meself LOL