Anyone Else's Husky Have A Odd Eating Habit Or Habit In General?

ICE & SHADOW

Shadow likes to take his kibble, about 4-5 pieces, out his bowl, bring it to the living room, eat it off the floor, then return to his bowl and finish his food in the bowl.......Is there some instinct thing to this or is it just a strange habit? 

Anyone else has a strange eating habit or strange habbit in general?

I think that's a husky thing. :)

During the summer months, Suka likes to go outside at night for HOURS to, presumably, hunt. He very rarely catches anything, so I let him continue to do his thing cause I know it makes him happy. :P

Edited by SolitaryHowl

Togo doesn't go as far as the lounge but sits an contemplates his bowl till the others have finished then starts his.. About four biscuits at a time, taken from the bowl an dropped on the floor lol

Oz does the same, waits for Micah to finish. He then licks his food for a few minutes, picks up his chicken and puts it next to his plate and then starts eating the rest of his food - he walks around his plate until finished and then tackles the chicken lying on the floor. All thishappens while Micah lies with her nose an inch or two from his plate. She waits until he has finished at tidies up after him.

:-)

Uh yeah...big eye roll from Ro on that one. Like there's time to look up from the dish long enough, that's a delay on food not getting into his mouth. lol :D My other dog however, Knarly [yorkie/pom] does this, as well as my moms little dogs. I think in those cases it's a instinct thing...to take their food away from the source to eat it in peace, or even as I have seen them do...hide and bury it. I see it more with dogs that have to share their bowl with others, my moms do it a lot. Mine not so much, especially now that he doesn't have to share a dish.

post-8098-0-49522800-1359862436_thumb.jp

Yep. Glala used to do that as well when we were freefeeding them. Taking a while bunch of kibble in her mouth, dropping it on the carpet in the livingroom and eat it from there. Now with Wodak we only give them their food at set times so she quickly stopped doing that as walking away means she'll lose per position for her bowl, lol.

Oz does the same, waits for Micah to finish. He then licks his food for a few minutes, picks up his chicken and puts it next to his plate and then starts eating the rest of his food - he walks around his plate until finished and then tackles the chicken lying on the floor. All thishappens while Micah lies with her nose an inch or two from his plate. She waits until he has finished at tidies up after him.

:-)

Perhaps he doesn't like his foods touching ;) lol he's such a tease :)

One time I gave Rafeal a piece of steamed pumpkin which splattered  over the floor and he though it was alive and wanted to bark and play with it. I could imagine him next to a budgie with no thought of eating it, it's not really strange though sorry, it could just be a puppy thing as to why he doesn't have much of a prey drive.

when i give aska her food, she is excited as hell, but when i drop it down, she looks at me, then into de bowl sniffs it, looks me back with "what the hell did you gave me ?! i want meat! " look :D  but after all she ate it, and even clean her bowl...and she do that every  (ad i realy mean every) time, breakfest , lunch, dinner... no matter when, she allways give me "the look" :D... pretty funny when you wach it "in live" :D becouse "the look" is undescribeable :D

Sasha does that most of the time if I don't cook dinner and we buy something she will eat her food out of her bowl but leave 3pieces of meat and a few biskets in the bowl for Missy (partners Maltese) it's funny she pushes her to the bowl and stands there till she eats it. And if I cook she refuses to eat until after we have eaten washed up the dishes and sitting on the lounge then she brings the food into the Loungeroom one piece at a time and eats it takes her over an hour to eat it but she gets there haha

If its something Shadow doesn't like he will try to dig around the bowl he must think it might dissapear or magically make a meat he does like! If he has chicken thighs etc or any kind of bone he will not eat it in the bowl he has to take it somewhere else i have to shut all the doors or he will stroll off in to the living room to eat it! Takes him ages to! He sometimes trys to bury them also in duvets ets :S lol (hence why we keep doors shut now!)

Skye.... well its gone tbh before you have even put it down but she then spends about half an hour checking both bowls just incase she missed any!! She will sit and wait for Shadow to finish before checking his bowl :) They both swap :)

I laughed at this. Knowing exactly what you go through. Mason is not only a picky eater, but an odd one. But so is my baby. I give her something , so carries it away and comes right back when shes done for more. Mason has spots all around my house . He brings food or chew toys , eats and then comes back for more. 

Definitely a husky thing!  B)