How Many Pounds Of Food....

Duremite

When you say cup, are you talking approx 200g? I feed 2 cups a day of Adren Grange Chicken and Rice (400g). To look at Storm, he is lean, though not skinny, weighing in at 21kg. He is muscular. If I feed him more, them his poos go loose, and reading the guide on the packet, he is eating for a 35-40kg dog, where as every book I read says that huskies ideally eat less than the indication on the packet. For Storms weight, the indication is around 280g, yet he's getting 400g and not putting on any weight. I don't worry because the vet's happy with him, and he is a fit and happy dog, but I am always curious about it.

Cloud and Yuki's last about 6 weeks. Yuki gets 2 cups a day (I know it seems a bit much, but she looked skinny on 1 cup and now at 2 cups she's grown consistently and is at a sleek, healthy weight) and Cloud gets 1 cup a day. So 3 cups a day, I buy 30lb bags of TOTW. 

I'm jealous of all of you. D: Mayhaps we are overfeeding ours? Like I said, 64 pounds of food lasted them until the last second last month and this month we bought two 40 pound bags. We expect to have extra at the end of the month though. 

Duramite: what kind of kibble do you feed them? You need to feed a much greater amount of the cheap stuff, so if you buy the higher quality food you won't run out as fast. :)

Or - it might also be because you have a million cats and dogs. LOL

(Speaking of that...haven't forgotten about your signature...just a bit swamped right now with midterms)

Duramite: what kind of kibble do you feed them? You need to feed a much greater amount of the cheap stuff, so if you buy the higher quality food you won't run out as fast. :)

Or - it might also be because you have a million cats and dogs. LOL

(Speaking of that...haven't forgotten about your signature...just a bit swamped right now with midterms)

We just switched to Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy at the very end of last month/beginning of this month. So yeah, the amount we're feeding will probably change. Never really thought about that. I'll have to monitor them a little more closely. They haven't been finishing meals completely lately, so I'm completely certain that's the case. I'll have to check back in and adjust the amount at the end of the month when I've got a better idea of how much they ate. :D

LOL. It's not a million, only half a million. D:< But naw, I was just laughing at the fact that 9 cats cost $30 a month in food and the 3 dogs cost $60. What the cats lack in food though is made up by litter cost, but then the dogs beat out again after bones and treats. All in all, only about $130 a month. Though we tend to exceed that..... XD

(Lol. No worries. :D I figured you'd just been busy. Take your time. :3 )

I went to the pinned topic "What/How Much to feed" on the forum and actually did all of the calculations to see how much I should feed them. It was confusing at first but I was able to get it right.  I also monitored their poo to make sure I wasn't over feeding. 

You don't as much if your feeding a grain free food too.  Based on the chart is how I came up with 2 cups per day of TOTW.