Walkydog Success

MollynDiesel

So got a new bike at the weekend (between the chaos) and attached the bikejoring arm and walkydog attachment last night ready for today!

While i was attaching the arm this morning i had the front door wide open but D just sat there watching me waiting for his turn :) (very proud)

Only planned on going round the neighbourhood so 5mins max! but D was loving it so i took him for a 2 mile run. He ran at his own pace (basically flat out lol) the entire way

Stopped when i asked, went left and right when i asked...PERFECT!

Anyway back now, Diesel is completely out for the count atm lol so i'd say it worked!

Here is a pic of his face when we got back:

post-5371-0-01959700-1360071037.jpg

Does he look like he enjoyed it?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wicked! Looks like he's asking if you can go again lol

He's asleep now and his legs are going so think he's taking himself out again lol

He sure does! Is it the first ever time that he ran with bike? I can't believe how well he has done. When i try to bikejor my GWP she keeps stopping for pee unexpectedly and once I fell of the bike :(

Nah not the first time, he normally runs on the bikejoring arm and pulls the bike but wanted to change it a little :) So he's used to running with and infront of pawtrekkers and bikes now :)

Do you have any advice how to teach her not to stop for pee, as she would not slow down or sniff around, she is like running pretty fast and then suddenly STOP 

I was a bit harsh with D when he tried to do that, i just kept going and he just got yanked back into running lol. I also try and keep him away from grass because i know he'd want to pee if he went on it

Looks like he loved it, Ro loves running with me on my trike too. I laughed a little on your way to discourage him from stopping to pee...Ro is real good about not wanting to stop for a pee, but when he has to poop...he full out stops and poops. I have no choice but to stop and wait, then get off my trike and pull out the doggy bags. I take him out in the yard before a run to try to get him to relieve himself there, but it's like he KNOWS we're going for a run and holds it just for that purpose.

Let's face it, dogs can be jerks. ;)

im sure angel would love to bikejor but she would be the same, stopping to pee every second. trying to scooter with her almost got me killed and her lost the other week so im really reluctant.

Its not bikejoring but yh D loves that aswell lol

Do you have a harness with belly strap?

Looks like he loved it, Ro loves running with me on my trike too. I laughed a little on your way to discourage him from stopping to pee...Ro is real good about not wanting to stop for a pee, but when he has to poop...he full out stops and poops. I have no choice but to stop and wait, then get off my trike and pull out the doggy bags. I take him out in the yard before a run to try to get him to relieve himself there, but it's like he KNOWS we're going for a run and holds it just for that purpose.

Let's face it, dogs can be jerks. ;)

Not alot else i could do apart from carry on and hope he learnt running is more fun lol

only ever had 1 poop incident and that was months ago haha (i also let him out before we go on a run just incase)

But yh i agree! Dogs are jerks! lol

Its not bikejoring but yh D loves that aswell lol

Do you have a harness with belly strap?

Not alot else i could do apart from carry on and hope he learnt running is more fun lol

only ever had 1 poop incident and that was months ago haha (i also let him out before we go on a run just incase)

But yh i agree! Dogs are jerks! lol

no we have a regular xback

Is that like your default reply now? lol

Nope I can also do. . . .

:doglaugh:

:welcomepack:

:wave1:

:up:

:eek:

and

post-1354-13586087160302_thumb.jpg

no we have a regular xback

I've got an xback i don't use anymore with a belly strap if you wanted to see if it fit her :)

Nope I can also do. . . .

:doglaugh:

:welcomepack:

:wave1:

:up:

:eek:

and

lmao, smart ass :P

Excellent!

He most definitely looks like he's had fun :D

Glad to hear it was a success for you, you won't be turning back now ;)

Yep :D

Not his first go, just haven't bothered doing it for AGES. Now i know he can do it easy peasy i'll get out more often :)

I've got an xback i don't use anymore with a belly strap if you wanted to see if it fit her :)

lmao, smart ass :P

Yep :D

Not his first go, just haven't bothered doing it for AGES. Now i know he can do it easy peasy i'll get out more often :)

oooh please molls.

Are u coming sat? Could bring it with u?