Describe The First Husky You Saw?

Julieanne

The first ones I saw were my friends two boyz. The older was black an white with a white face an big oblique blue eyes who hurrmphed a lot. The other was his brother, same parents different litter a yr apart. He was a huge wolf grey, with one ear up and one down, light blue eyes with googles and seemed to have springs in his legs when he walked.

I remember the first I saw...I was a child probably first grade.  I went ot spend time at my firend Marsha's house.  We went outside and there were 2 black and whites in a kennel.  They were beautiful.  I remember everytime after that I always wanted to go outside to see the huskies.  I begged my parents for one and was always told no dogs.  I was however told when you grow up and get your own house you can have as many as you want.  Now I have 3 and they think I am nutts.

The first husky I saw was in a pack of sled dogs, I was in Lapland and we got to be pulled in a sleigh by all these gorgeous huskies. I have a very distinct memory of them all, incredibly friendly dogs despite being working dogs, very talkative and not much smell to them. Plus there was a puppy there too (not pulling or running) probably about 4 or 5 months old, very cute and very friendly. I was only 12 but from then on I had a love of huskies :)

I don't know if he was a husky mix or not, but I do know he was part wolf. He was beautiful, cream colored, lovable, friendly, calm, and -FAT-. I was just a kid the first time I saw him, but I wasn't a kid the last. (Well, really, I was, but I saw this dog quite often all the way up until we moved after high school.) For a very long time. This dog was the only dog I liked. Hard to believe now but due to trauma as a kid, I HATED dogs all the way up until last year. I donno, just randomly decided I wanted a puppy. Don't know what possessed me. Anyway, I always wanted a Husky. I'd like to think that dog had to do a lot with helping me realize that it wasn't dogs as a whole fault, and rather the bad owner I happened to know. Sad to think about now, but surely that dog has passed by now. :( RIP.

It's actually kinda funny. People who knew me before I realized dogs weren't so bad can't believe I won't shut up about my canine kids now. :D They never suspected I'd get a dog...ever!

My neighbour bought a female husky pup a few years ago. Light grey and White with blue eyes. I can honestly say I was mesmerised by her, I remember talking to my other half about maybe owning one ourselves one day in the future and him informing me that mallys and huskies are not pets, they're working dogs and wouldn't cope with being the typical indoor house pet. So I said ok and forgot about it until Bear popped into our lives and I found this site and realised that it is possible to have a happy pet husky. :)