9 Week Old, Peeing In House, Only When Im Not Home...

myka

my 9 week old only pees in the house when i leave, even though my husband is home or my kids. we can let her out before, it doesnt matter, as soon as i go out the door, she pees. what should we be doing? is this normal?? other than that she RARELY has had any accidents, mostly when im not around, and i know she is being put outside just as much as i put her out......help!!!

While she is very young, It sounds as if she has taken you for her "person"

and as Elyse has said it's probably S.A.

Sometimes it's a distress reaction, she's missing you.

Other times it can be in retribution, Aaaarrrgghhh, my person has gone out and left me AGAIN !!!

She'll soon learn that you always come back and it should stop. :)

not exactly the same i know, but my laska sleeps very well through the night in her closed crate as we are keeping her in the bedroom with us at night. we rise in turn (me and the better half) every 3 hours through to take to the the garden and she does wonderfully. not an accident or a peep all night, wonderfull. BUT..... through the day she will go to her crate at will and sleep in there through the day if there is noone wityh her though she plays a very loud tune while biting at and scratching the crate. only left to go to the shop 500 metres away and on my return a good five minutes for her to calm down whereupon i opened the door. again i dont fuss either when i leave or return. im putting it down to more practice (leaving and returning) and hope it will settle.

your thoughts if you have any different?

many thanks in advance

darren