Fed Up With My Neighbor

NicTurtle

Had a note on my door when I got home for lunch. Neighbor complained to animal control that my dogs were "barking since 6:30am". Funny, I didn't leave until almost 8 and I didn't hear them. Neither did the AC officer who arrived at 10 to write the note. I sure have quality neighbors.  :@  Same guy that called AC to report a year ago that "the dogs might get through the fence and into his yard". 

This coming three months after someone opens two gates to let my dogs out in the middle of the night. 

My babies can get noisy, but I swear it lasts maybe 2 minutes when they do. And its usually "woooo-ing" because of a fire engine or lawn mower. A simple "hush" or "quiet" makes them stop. Even the neighbor could shout it over the fence if he were impatient and they'd quiet down. I just can't believe he called to report me and then lied about it. I'm wondering if he was mad at the neighbor on the other side of me (she has to giant barkers and little yapping chihuahua. They bark constantly) Just so frustrated that I might get a citation over a lie or mistake.

I kid you not, I am constantly doing everything I can to make them be quiet and happy so that my neighbors aren't put out by them. I even just ran electric fencing (low watt - dog safe) so the dogs won't run the fence line or dig under. Seems I can't win with this mean old $%^^%# He hates that his two yappie little dogs run the fence line barking at mine and mine run and bark back. How is that my fault? Literally mine will be laying down and being lazy then his yappers start up and one or two of mine run over to see what the fuss it. 

UGH!

Does anyone have any advice? I feel like I've tried everything I can think of and its obviously not good enough to make this guy stop being irrational.

He's SO mean! The last time I talked to him he just yelled at me. Then when I was gone and my step father was watching my house, he yelled at my step dad over the fence for about 10 minutes. Total stranger, not his dogs, and the guy just yelled and complained. This was 2 years ago when I was going back and forth between kenneling and chaining my dogs to try to keep them away from his fence (my dogs would cry to get out and he didn't think he should have to be patient for the first few days while they got used to being kenneled.) I used to just come home and cry because of the nasty notes on my door. I finally had to rehome one of my escape artist dogs because he was the one making everyone's life so difficult. And here I am still being treated like a criminal or something after I sacrificed my dog to make this guy happy. The dogs haven't been in his yard for years but he still acts like I'm a terrible dog owner. 

I hate people like that. Had an old guy a year or so ago insist Suka was gay because he was humping his old male dog. :facepalm:

Have you reported him for harassment?

I'm waiting for the A.C. officer to call me back so I can explain. I hope they believe me and don't think I'm just trying to get out of a ticket. 

That is harassment.  I hate that you are going through this.  I have had similar problems with neighbors.  I have out lasted all of them.  I wish you the best of luck.  His bark and he has no problem with his....complaining on you for the same thing is harassment.

I would call AC to explain as well. If it is noise then I would explain that he must be confused. Call adult protective services on his ass lol. Let him get harassed. Jk Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Did I read it correctly that he has two little yappy dogs that run the fence and bark? Call AC on his dogs, and put notes on his door. See how he likes it. I'd call AC ever time I heard a single peep out of his dogs. Two can play those little games. I'd also try to secretly record any convos (him yelling at you). If he makes any threats or anything he is screwed. Try to record his dogs being loud so you have proof. I'd do it several times to show a trend before letting him (police) know what's going on.

It sucks having to resort to petty stuff like that, but sometimes giving people a taste of their own medicine is the best remedy. Also better than the illegal alternatives I'd be inclined to do if it was my neighbor.

I had a similar story, my neighbours complained to the council that I do not clean my dogs' poos in the garden-actually each time I let them out, I take a stupid little bag with me and clean every single one. They just don't like dogs. When a lady from the council arrived, I invited her to my back garden, showed her how clean it is, had a chat and then she noticed that my "gypsies" neighbours let their young kids sleep in their free standing caravan over night-she made a note. In the end it is them who got a fine and warning, not me:P 

I think I'm lucky with my neighbours, they are very understanding. Most of them know that if they have a problem they only have to talk to me and I will do my best to sort out any problem they also know that I don't like people that run and tell tales. I would be having a little word in his shell like.  It's good to talk. ;)  

Gary.