Good Deed Of The Day

Val (Zebedee)

I went to do a homecheck after work, spent an hour & a half with the most wonderful, placid, loving Rottie girl I've ever met! lol She'll welcome any foster dog, bless her! Then on the way home, we noticed an artic lorry driving as though he was lost. He had Spanish plates on & had pulled over so we stopped to see if he was OK, turns out he had the wrong postcode written down & was a few mile out of his way. So we told him to follow us & lead him to where he wanted to get to, which was only a few miles out of our way anyway so no big deal to us, but he & his mate were ever so grateful!

So that was our good deed (or 2) of the day - what has been your good deed or good turn you have done someone? Maybe not been a big deal to you but meant a lot to the other person - come on, don't be shy, blow your own trumpet & tell the world!

Stopped the house from burning down yesterday.

(dodgy electrics, big fat cable coming into the house decided to work loose then get VERY VERY HOT)

Does that count ???

Wasn't recent but I was going through hell a few years back and needed to do something to keep my mind busy and was sitting in the park one day when an elderly man came and sat with me and was telling me about how he just lost his wife and had no family left all he wanted was someone to talk to so I went over his place a few times a week to help him out with his house work and just to chat he was so gratefully and it made me feel like I was doing just one thing good in my life :) it was so sad when he passed away :(

see - look how many nice things we do that may not mean a great deal to us but touch other people's lives immensely! Well done you lot - come on, there must be more of you out there that have done something nice for someone & it meant the world to them .... get shouting about it! lol

Have you found a purse & returned it? Found a lost dog & helped return it to it's lost human?

Everyone has done something nice - tell us about it :pingu:

I can think of quite a few on my list, but one that really stands out to me was one night when my mom and I went to order some Taco Bell. It was cold and rainy when we were ordering. We heard a young woman call to us. She was wearing a tank top and a skirt, you could tell she was homeless. Anyway, she called and asked my mother if it were possible to buy her a taco or a burrito or something. My mom told her sure and added two burritos and a large drink to the meal. We pulled off to the side and gave her the food. My mom popped her trunk and pulled out an old oily towel. (She usually kept blankets back there but had just cleaned it out.) My mom apologized that that was all she had but the woman was ecstatic about it. That's when I decided to pull off my sweat pants and give them to her. (I was wearing gym shorts underneath.) Pretty sure we both made that woman's night a lot more comfortable. :3

Other than that, I've volunteered many of times at American Legions, Museums, Kid fun fairs, Community Pantry's, etc. I just plain love helping people. I try to go out of my way each day to make someone else's day brighter. Nothing beats the feeling of knowing someone appreciated what you did for them.