The Olivia Act

NicTurtle

Have any of you heard about The Olivia Act?

http://theoliviaact.blogspot.com/

In short:

The Olivia Act was started by a professional photographer after the Connecticut school shooting in December 2012. One of the children lost that day was named Olivia. Olivia’s family had recently had professional photographs taken. Realizing how cherished those photos would be to that family now, the photographer started the Olivia Act to provide a free family portrait session to a family who might not otherwise be able to afford professional photography.

I recently signed up to take part (I'm a professional photographer in California)

Anyway, It seems to be a worlwide movement, I don't know how many are taking part outside the US, but it doesn't hurt to check out the blog and see if you or someone you know would be interested. 

I had tried to get a large group of photographers to take part in a one day event where we would help as many families as possible. I had a local camera store ready to offer a free print to each family and my community college donated building space - but I couldn't get other photographers to commit their time. So I cancelled the event and now I'm giving away one session a month for the rest of 2013.