Would You Eat It ?

valkyries

Dog  

28 members have voted

1. 1. would you eat dog ?

• yes i would
    • no not at all
    • i'd try it

ok so sarah put up a thread about horse meat being in loads of different things and would it put you off meat ?  i've also seen this debate on facebook.

alot of people saying it's not put them off eating meat.

so i'm asking would you still not be bothered if it had DOG in it ? would you still eat it then ?

No i would not eat it if it had dog in it atall. 

I dont know if our supermarket burgers was found to have any horsemeat?? That has not put me off meat though but yes if it was found to have dog in it i would stop eating them.

What animals a person will eat depends a lot on how they view that animal.

I see cats, dogs and horses as companions so NEVER would I eat that meat, it doesn't anger me that people choose to but I do feel saddened that they don't see them the way I do.

I use to eat pork but something about it has turned me off.

At the end of the day there are a lot of gross things in food (not just meat) so it's hard to avoid unless you are overly obsessive.

PARTLY it depends on your culture:

Koreans (I think???) eat dog

Muslims don't go near pork

French have horse on sale in street markets (marketed as actually being horse, so none of this dishonesty stuff...)

Rabbit is available here & there

Tesco used to sell ostrich but it evidently didn't sell very well so they stopped offering it

Iceland has various meat available - horse (didn't try it - I had whale instead), Puffin (smoked puffin breast - fantastic) Guillemot (unbelievable). Don't get me started on thorrablot... (seriously - look it up)

PARTLY it depends on your culture:

Koreans (I think???) eat dog

My dad told me a long time ago that Koreans eat dog. He said that he had it in some sort of soup, and didn't know what the meat was until someone asked him if he knew and when he said no, they told him and he was shocked. He said it was "good", and I literally shuddered at the thought of it.

I don't see dogs as something that I would want to eat, they are friends and companions in my eyes. So I would never be able to eat dog meat. I would also go vegetarian if dog was the only source of meat available to me.

I would probably never knowingly eat dog, but if I found a dish I liked, only to later find out it contained dog, it probably wouldn't put me off. GRANTED THOUGH, I would have to do research into the nature of the erm, butchering of the meat before I would ever eat it again.

I've got to be careful with this or I'm going to plant my foot squarely in my mouth - all the way to my kneecaps at least.

For a group of people who have always agree on one thing - our love of our dogs - it's nice to know that we also agree on this, that dogs are for fun and work not food.  Sometimes we seem to have threads where it seems as if no one agrees with anything anyone else has said so to find us in absolute agreement on something seems to be rare.

I will not eat dog.

I have eaten horse on the continent, and have no objection to doing so. The issue with the recent contamination is that if horse meat is being introduced as beef, it is obviously being done illegally, and that being the case, there is nothing to say whether it is fit for human consumption. Regulation prevents certain antibiotics and drugs being introduced to the feed chain, but if regulation is being bi-passed, then who knows what we are actually eating.

No I will NEVER eat dog :( I come from a dog-eating country and I know how they kill those dogs bred for meat.. I would never come near such food knowing that :( It's part of the culture so nothing can really be done but eating dog meat is disgusting to me :( our local rescue has also tried to rescue some dogs waiting in line to be cooked but I honestly doubt they'd get a lot of support... after all, local tradition is to be preserved :(

Still wish it didn't happen, but I've seen photo's of dogs in cages bred for their meat and they don't look like a pet and I'm pretty sure most people would choose to have a labrador or husky over those dogs. 

I feel a bit better knowing there is that difference between them, but like I said the less it happens the better.

Again, I would NEVER eat them.

i would never eat dog meat, or cat....horse would prefer not to.

But the way i look at it is, if i had a pet horse, i probably would never eat horse meat. Similar to how a friend of mine would never eat rabbit because she has rabbits....

Its a dificult subject, because as much as i dont agree with dogs being eaten alot of people dont care hense why there is a market for it.

I am not actually bothered that there could be horse meat in the burgers, as its obviously been going on a while and so far nothing has happened to anyone. What i dont like is the fact that nobody has picked it up till now, surely they should have a test sample from every batch of meat going out to supermarkets just in case there is something wrong with the meat.

Why has it taken so long!