First Lesson!

MollynDiesel

SO just got back from my first lesson!

Went really well! :D

Didn't kill anyone :P

Was really nervous to start with but that all went really quickly, driving instructor was really nice and helpful :) We went to a nice quiet housing estate where all the learners seemed to be lol

Was a 2 hour lesson, focused on changing gear, looking in mirrors, indicating, breaking, the clutch, left and right turns at junctions and over taking parked cars this time

Got the hang of changing gear REALLY quickly and that's easy peasy now! :D Stalled twice but not as bad as i thought it would be!

Nearly got driven into by a white van because he thought he would be fine to overtake a parked car on his side of the road even though it was my right of way and he could see i was a learner! And people worry about ME driving?! lol

He said, i should probably get cracking on my theory test asap because if the lessons kept going that well i'd be doing my practical in no time! (which was awesome!) He said it was a great first lesson! (sure he says that to all his students lol)

Next lesson will probably be next Friday and i can't wait now! EXCITING! :D

Great job! :)

I remember when I was taking driving lessons - the instructor had to put on the brake a few times cause people almost ran into me (not my fault! I'm a good driver!).

I'm trying to learn to drive stick, but I find it hard concentrating on the gearing as well as making sure I don't run into things.

Nice one hun x Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you :D

Great job! :)

I remember when I was taking driving lessons - the instructor had to put on the brake a few times cause people almost ran into me (not my fault! I'm a good driver!).

I'm trying to learn to drive stick, but I find it hard concentrating on the gearing as well as making sure I don't run into things.

Damn other drivers! lol

Im finding the gears really easy tbh, just taking my foot off the break when i want to get going again is a little tricky

Was a 2 hour lesson, focused on changing gear, looking in mirrors, indicating, breaking, the clutch, left and right turns at junctions and over taking parked cars this time

You may want to concentrate on braking rather than breaking!  :D

Nearly got driven into by a white van because he thought he would be fine to overtake a parked car on his side of the road even though it was my right of way and he could see i was a learner! And people worry about ME driving?! lol

For your theory test, you may want to remember that you both have a right of way in that situation. You have priority.

Edit: I managed to remove my congratulations on taking your first steps onto the road when getting the quotes in.

Edited by qweasd

You may want to concentrate on braking rather than breaking!  :D

For your theory test, you may want to remember that you both have a right of way in that situation. You have priority.

Edit: I managed to remove my congratulations on taking your first steps onto the road when getting the quotes in.

Well done you picked up on the fact I spelt a word wrong

And yes that is what I meant. However even if we do both have right of way it doesn't mean I deserved that