Longest You Crated Your Dogs For

Jay

Oh forgot about this thread, how did he do in the crate while you were at the meet? :)

He did great!  No messes, and he wasn't all the hyper either.  He was running and jumping around a bit and made a bunch of noise but other than that it worked out fine! At least now I know I can leave him in his crate for 7 hours with no problem.

He is a low energy puppy anyway, not very hyper at all

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Balto is 4 months and we go to bed at 9-10 and don't wake up till 5 and he lasts all night. He is next to our bed in his crate so he can let us know when he needs to be let out and if we wake in the night we check on him and nothing. He does not go until 5 in the morning. I also go to school from 9-5 and he stays in there all by himself just fine. We give him a kong and toys that he only gets in his crate and is happy and content all day. So if Balto is 4 months and able to do this I think your 8 month old should be. I would just say take the water away an hour to 2 hours before you leave and take him out right before you have to leave

Yeah, when I crated him at night I would take the water away around 8pm (I went to bed around 10-11).  Now that their older I let them have the water all the time, and haven't had an issue, but like I said they both are not crated at night.  During the day they are only crated from 8am until noon, and again from 1pm until around 4-5pm. 

Nikko would go stir crazy if he was in the crate for that long, but I think Yukon is pretty content.