Vomiting Yellow Bile

Jay

The last two mornings Yukon has woken me up gagging and puking up a small amount of yellow bile.  He is not acting any differently, but a couple of weeks ago I caught him eating his poo.  I talked to  the vet, and I had him on some pills from the pet store, and per the vet's suggestion I used this meat tenderizer to sprinkle over their food that is supposed to deter eating their feces.  Since the meat tenderizer is the only thing that has been different, I am guessing this is making him throw up when he wakes up.

Anyone else had this experience?

Is the bile practically like water?

When Suka used to do that (vomit bile in the morning), I learned it was because he wasn't getting fed enough throughout the day. Now he gets more treats throughout the day so his stomach doesn't get upset. And he also gets a bedtime snack. :P

It is frothy, and he used to vomit every morning when I first got him, so I started feeding him 4 times a day, 6am, noon, 5pm, and again around 8pm.  He stopped throwing up when I fed him a snack later until 2 days ago.  I am assuming it is the salt from the meat tenderizer, so I stopped using it today, and hoping it is the cause

It is frothy, and he used to vomit every morning when I first got him, so I started feeding him 4 times a day, 6am, noon, 5pm, and again around 8pm.  He stopped throwing up when I fed him a snack later until 2 days ago.  I am assuming it is the salt from the meat tenderizer, so I stopped using it today, and hoping it is the cause

Yeah - Suka's was kinda frothy too.

Let us know if there's any change - though it might be the pills that are making his stomach upset and not the salt.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Lately he hasn't had any Poopsicles so I am going to take him off it completely and keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't try to eat anymore poop.

My vet said one of their techs' dog eats poo all the time and she just deals with it.  That's not acceptable in my book LOL.  I will NOT let him lick my face after he has eaten a bunch of poo YUK

Tell me about it!  I thought I was going to puke when I saw him do it. I brushed his teeth immediately!  Nikko doesn't go near his stuff either, in fact he usually will try to bury and hide it after he's done.  Which is kind of good, but not really since I can't find it in the mulch until I step in it  :oops:

Like Elyse said it could be having a build up of acid in an empty stomach but if you're not letting him go too long between meals its unlikely to be that.

The only other thing which I'm not suggesting it is, but you asked for experiences of vomiting bile. Safi started vomiting yellow bile. I did some research and found the above solution. Two meals a day. But in her case it wasn't caused solely by the to few meals. I now know it to have been one of the signs of her liver failing. I very much doubt this is what the problem is with Yukon. He's much younger than Safi was when it started happening

On balance it's more likely the salt

We dealt with this with my daughter's lhasa. The vet attributed it to her liver as well. However, in her case, we discovered quite accidentally that it was because of her eating habits. Now when she does it (infrequently) we give her an egg. It's something 'mild' that her tummy can take. Sometimes I think she does it on purpose just so she can have eggs. (even though I know she doesn't) 

My guys will sometimes vomit some frothy, yellow bile, especially in the morning if I'm a little later than usual getting out to them, and none of them, to my knowledge, have had any real problems with their livers. I've used the canned pineapple (fresh should work, as well) for poop-eaters, and have had good luck with it. As a bonus, they've all loved the stuff, so it makes a great treat (in moderation)...

I cut out both the pills from the petstore that was supposed to stop them from poo eating and I stopped adding the meat tenderizer as well, and since then he has not thrown up, so I am sure that's what was causing it. 

Yukon's stomach is super sensitive.  I thought Nikko's was but it is nothing like Yukon's. 

So over the weekend it has been A-OK!  He hasn't even eaten his poo in several days either!  Although I am picking it up as soon as they go so he doesn't have a chance to eat it.  I watched him go yesterday, and as soon as he was done he came right back to the door, not even a sniff!  Hope it stays!